join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

1 edit

2 recommendations

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Batman: Arkham Knight - PC performance

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· D0Inb9Gs

Batman Arkham Knight coming to PC October 2014. Supposedly Rocksteady is producing this one. What's also pretty awesome news, is that there is no PS3 or Xbox 360 version. So those ancient ass consoles won't hold this title back.

Maybe this will be an Unreal 4 Engine game? We'll see.

Damn...can't wait to play this one. The trailer looks bad ass. Enjoy.

»www.dsogaming.com/news/b ··· -claims/

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Announced....

Wow... guess I should make some progress on Origins then, eh?

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Ghastlyone

Mod

to Ghastlyone
WHY IS THE BATMAN SERIES SO GOOD

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Where's my Thor series? I want a Dragon Age/Skyrim/Diablo3 heaven mashup.

Or a Green Arrow game that is half hardcore Tomb Raider survivalist mode and half any of the Batman games.

I could go on about this.
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO

me1212 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Good finally something that may push my pc for the right reasons.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
Wow another one so soon?

I've not even started the first 2 I got from the HB yet.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

1 recommendation

ekster

Premium Member

It's a year apart, so it's not that soon. As soon as the gameplay and story remains as good as it was in the previous ones, I'm more than happy with that speed.

I just hope that they won't continue with this like it's COD or Assassin's Creed and they try to move on to other superheroes afterwards.

Cat5

Cat5

said by ekster:

I just hope that they won't continue with this like it's COD or Assassin's Creed and they try to move on to other superheroes afterwards.

Apparantly Knight is the last in the series.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

That's pretty good then. I hope they will move on to another good superhero (that's not Superman) and not just end it completely with Knight.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Wow another one so soon?

I've not even started the first 2 I got from the HB yet.

Since WB made Origins, Rocksteady will probably have been working on Arkham Knight for 2-3 years or so.

I can't wait to play this new one.

I never played Asylum, but I'd give Arkham City a 10/10, and Origins probably an 8-9/10.

Cat5

Cat5 to ekster

to ekster
said by ekster:

That's pretty good then. I hope they will move on to another good superhero (that's not Superman) and not just end it completely with Knight.

Kris mentioned the Green Arrow. That would be epic.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil to Mike

Premium Member

to Mike
said by Mike:

WHY IS THE BATMAN SERIES SO GOOD

I have actually wondered this before. I don't know what it is about the team on this, but they are able to hit it out of the park every fucking time. I don't understand, quite honestly, how these guys are so good at what they do, and others are so bad. They are able to do more with the engines they have, make it look drop dead gorgeous, all while keeping great game play. The obvious answer is their teams, but man....they've really got something over there in the teams that make these. I don't know what it is exactly, but they're fucking nailing it.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

said by ekster:

Kris mentioned the Green Arrow. That would be epic.

That would be epic. I'm trying to think of other superheroes this would work with and it's difficult. You almost have to pick one with no super powers in order to make it interesting.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

Jonah Hex, Constantine, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Swamp Thing, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, just of the top of my head.

Most of them can be done easily enough as they do not have any over the top powers like Superman and the others.

Though Jonah Hex, Green Lantern and Constantine would be my top 3.

Jonah Hex can be an awesome western shooter. Green Arrow can be a great Tomb Raider like survivor game. And Constantine can be a magic based Deus Ex type of game with some detective elements.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I like the idea of a western, Red Dead Redemption style, starring Jonah Hex and a bunch of comic villains.

I thought about Green Lantern, but his powers would be hard pressed to be done really well in a video game as the only constraints to his hard light powers are his imagination and you'd be limited to a bunch of canned constructs.

The others might be suited for a decent beat'em up but I'm not sure their styles would lend themselves gameplay-wise to a game with as much depth as the Arkham games.

DCUO actually does a decent job at taking DC superheroes seriously and making a good game based on them.

Cat5

Cat5

said by TheBionic:

I like the idea of a western, Red Dead Redemption style

Red Dead Redemption actually getting a PC release would be a start!

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

said by TheBionic:

I like the idea of a western, Red Dead Redemption style

Red Dead Redemption actually getting a PC release would be a start!

That was my game of the year the year it came out. The release coincided with a week of vacation where I didn't have anything planned so I got to play to my heart's content. It was awesome.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
The modding community would have had a field day with Red Dead Redemption and done some amazing things.

I fired that game up last year on PS3. It's too bad, because it looks and runs like shit on those consoles.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to Cat5

Mod

to Cat5
I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel for $100. Imagine what I would pay for RDR PC.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Mike:

I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel for $100. Imagine what I would pay for RDR PC.

Lol Duke Nukem Forever was the one game other than WoW expansions which I've pre-ordered.

It wasn't Duke Nukem 3D 2 which is what everyone wanted. Still fairly enjoyable, but nowhere near worth the price I paid for it, let alone $100.

I'm still hopeful for RDR PC, they said Brutal Legend wasn't going to grace PC's but it did eventually. Likewise the original Saints Row I've never played as it was an Xbox exclusive, that would be a good PC release too.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by Cat5:

I'm still hopeful for RDR PC

Me too, I'd play it again. It gave me feels, and I'm mostly dead inside so that's saying something. Plus like Ghastly said the mods would be amazing. It's been awhile now though so it doesn't look too good.

I just watched the trailer in the OP, anyone know where Arkham Knight falls in the timeline of the other games? Obviously after Origin but where in relation to Asylum and City?

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It's 1 year after Arkham City.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Cool, thanks. Harley's appearance made me wonder if Mr. J was still kicking around.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

It appears that it's also going to be bigger (five times the size of Arkham City), more open world and the batmobile will be functional...

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

Cool, thanks. Harley's appearance made me wonder if Mr. J was still kicking around.

If this in fact 1 year after Arkham City, then I don't see how they're going to have Joker in this one.

Maybe Harley Quinn is going to play a bigger role somehow.

Goggalor
Psychonaut
Premium Member
join:2009-06-09
Your Mind!

1 recommendation

Goggalor

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Jonah Hex, Constantine, Green Arrow, Nightwing, Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Swamp Thing, Martian Manhunter, Wonder Woman, just of the top of my head.

Most of them can be done easily enough as they do not have any over the top powers like Superman and the others.

Though Jonah Hex, Green Lantern and Constantine would be my top 3.

Jonah Hex can be an awesome western shooter. Green Arrow can be a great Tomb Raider like survivor game. And Constantine can be a magic based Deus Ex type of game with some detective elements.

I don't know about Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman has the lasso, flight (depending on which version of her you go with), and super strength, while MM has flight and shape changing. You might be able to work it like Prototype if you limited/took away flight abilities for both of them.
said by Ghastlyone:

said by TheBionic:

If this in fact 1 year after Arkham City, then I don't see how they're going to have Joker in this one.

Maybe Harley Quinn is going to play a bigger role somehow.

Pre-order bonus is Harley Quinn (will probably be more arena maps and not actually playing in the city ). Also, Kevin Conroy is back in his role of Batman for this one.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member

ekster

Premium Member

WW's lasso might be a challenge, but not impossible. Flight has been done well enough in quite a few games, so it shouldn't be hard. And her super strength is pretty moderate compared to Superman... so she'd be fine in a destructible environment like BF4 or Red Faction.

For MM, shape shifting would make an awesome RPG element.

fnord76
Elder God
Premium Member
join:2002-05-14
Troy, IL

fnord76 to TheBionic

Premium Member

to TheBionic
said by TheBionic:

That would be epic. I'm trying to think of other superheroes this would work with and it's difficult. You almost have to pick one with no super powers in order to make it interesting.

How about Aquaman then? He could use a little love.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Aqua Man had his chance on the Gamecube (I think). The game ended up being so bad XPlay (on G4) held "Golden Mullet Awards" in its honor and gave them to the worst games every year.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· zZXZMbus

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

Fuckin Aquaman