uniqs

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

1 recommendation

why60loss

Premium Member

I really hope they make all 34 cities work

If google really wants to impact the internet market, they need to more or less enter the 34 cities or else ISP's won't care.

Google has the cash to bring the service to all those places, so it should if the cities give them the green light.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

1 recommendation

existenz

It takes a lot of people resources. They may pick a few and then when planning is done for one city, move on to the next. So I'd guess a serial approach rather than an all at once - that is if they even select more than one market. I'm under the impression they will expand to one new market in this round.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco to why60loss

Premium Member

to why60loss
That would require a considerable investment. Shareholders are already questioning the cost of deploying Google Fiber in Kansas city. Deploying to 34 more cities would make them do a lot more than question. And for once I would say their concerns are fairly valid. Google is being way to secretive in regards to Google Fiber.
existenz
join:2014-02-12

1 recommendation

existenz

delete - misunderstood post

alchav
join:2002-05-17
Saint George, UT

1 recommendation

alchav to why60loss

to why60loss
said by why60loss:

If google really wants to impact the internet market, they need to more or less enter the 34 cities or else ISP's won't care.

Google has the cash to bring the service to all those places, so it should if the cities give them the green light.

I say again, if you want Google Fiber you have to do a lot more than Hope and Pray. You have to get involved with your Community or City and lay out a plan for Fiber Deployment. Then you can invite Google and other Fiber Providers and I'm sure they will come.
StLCardsFan
join:2011-06-06
Lafayette, LA

1 recommendation

StLCardsFan to silbaco

to silbaco
and you got this information where? google stock prices are as high as they have ever been and I highly doubt anyone gives 2 shits what google is doing with fiber.