uniqs

CPM
Broadband, DSL, cable
join:2001-08-24
Denver, CO

CPM

Buying Xbox One

I am taking the leap in buying the Xbox one with the Titian game $499.00
Reasons, I am very used to the Xbox Controller. I also remember when Sony, Got hacked about 1-2 years ago. Their systems was down for like 2 weeks to a month.

I did own a Playstation 2 years ago. Plus, being older now. I don't want just a gaming system, xbox one just fit's my needs at this time, in my life.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

I own the XB1 and am looking forward to Titanfall, you will not be disappointed IMO.

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium Member
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to CPM

Premium Member

to CPM
It's a good system.

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to CPM

Premium Member

to CPM
said by CPM:

Reasons, I am very used to the Xbox Controller.

The XBox One controller feels pretty different IMO, just FYI. Nothing bad or that you won't be able to get used to very quickly. Congrats, enjoy Titanfall!

SixSpeed
join:2001-12-24
USA

SixSpeed to CPM

to CPM
I can only suggest you read the other threads here and the XBOX.com forums to make sure you wont be surprised by any of the shortcomings of the console. If its just for games, there isn't much difference from the 360 graphically but you shouldn't be disappointed.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by SixSpeed:

I can only suggest you read the other threads here and the XBOX.com forums to make sure you wont be surprised by any of the shortcomings of the console. If its just for games, there isn't much difference from the 360 graphically but you shouldn't be disappointed.

I disagree about the 360 vs XB1 graphics. If you mean the games that are on both, then yes you are right but that is more due to the developers not having to do extra work. Same goes with the PS4 to PS3 for multiplats

For the games that are only on the XB1 the graphics are stunning. Ryse and Forza for example are just stunning graphically.

edit: even the 360 vs XB1 multiplats look much better on the One -

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· AhzZ0AX8
Expand your moderator at work

SRFireside
join:2001-01-19
Houston, TX

SRFireside to CPM

to CPM

Re: Buying Xbox One

I recommend you test drive before buying if you can. Get a feel for how the new controller will respond and such.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to CPM

Premium Member

to CPM
You do know Titanfall is on the 360 as well.. .

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

Silvanos to SixSpeed

Premium Member

to SixSpeed
said by SixSpeed:

. If its just for games, there isn't much difference from the 360 graphically but you shouldn't be disappointed.

You are insane, the Xone looks a lot better than the 360... stop spreading lies just because you are a fanboy.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

Have to agree here, to compare the two is ridiculous.

SixSpeed
USA

SixSpeed to Silvanos

to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

said by SixSpeed:

. If its just for games, there isn't much difference from the 360 graphically but you shouldn't be disappointed.

You are insane, the Xone looks a lot better than the 360... stop spreading lies just because you are a fanboy.

LOL - Not quite. I am a very disappointed owner of an XBOX One. Nice try though.

I had Ghosts on 360 and now the One - its sad the graphics look so much alike. Payed the titanfall beta as well - fun game, underwhelming graphically.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

Lol so you use COD, the one game series which graphics haven't changed much at all in the last few games as your basis for this argument? Please. You want to see a difference in graphics? Take a look at the difference with Battlefield 4; literally night and day difference.

Now, you run along and go get rid of the console already if you hate it so much, but stop spreading misinformation.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Have you seen the Xbox 360 and Xbone screen shot comparisons of the new Metal Gear game?

There's almost no difference between the two.

SixSpeed
USA

SixSpeed

said by Ghastlyone:

Have you seen the Xbox 360 and Xbone screen shot comparisons of the new Metal Gear game?

Not yet - I'll check it out.

Silvanos
Premium Member
Tonawanda, NY

1 edit

Silvanos to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
Click for full size
Click for full size
Have you seen the Thief sxreenshots? Not even close. Fanboys are so stupid.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

Click for full size
Click for full size
LOL ^
Ghastlyone

Ghastlyone to Silvanos

Premium Member

to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

Yeah I know. It's such a huge difference.

Hey...at least we can confirm one thing. The low, choppy frame rates are exactly the same on both systems

SixSpeed
USA

1 edit

SixSpeed to Silvanos

to Silvanos
said by Silvanos:

*EDIT*

Nevermind - I understand.

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

I may not understand how this works, but if a games graphics are the same on two different versions of hardware wouldn't the game developer be to blame there?

I guess I don't see how the Xbox One is supposed to just magically make a game look different than the 360 version if the game maker didn't code/design it to be any different.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by Badger3k:

said by Ghastlyone:

I may not understand how this works, but if a games graphics are the same on two different versions of hardware wouldn't the game developer be to blame there?

I guess I don't see how the Xbox One is supposed to just magically make a game look different than the 360 version if the game maker didn't code/design it to be any different.

Exactly, the developers have to dumb down the graphics on Multiplats so I would not judge any system by a game developed for current and last gen systems.

If you want to see amazing graphics, check out games that are built exclusively for this generation of systems

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Badger3k

Premium Member

to Badger3k
said by Badger3k:

said by Ghastlyone:

Must be those same lazy developers that code the Xbone version at a lower resolution and frame rate than the PS4 version.
diragono
join:2005-07-21
Decatur, TN

diragono to CPM

to CPM
I originally purchased a PS4, was not happy at all, so I sold it and got an xbox one. I enjoy it much better, yes, they both have their ups and downs. But, for me, the Xbox one just suited my gaming and media needs better.

On a side not, why are people expecting games on the xbone and ps4 to magically be tons better. New gens always look similar to their predecessor for the first little bit, and then they start to take off. Go look at the Call of Duty 2, which was a launch title for the 360, and then compare it to Black ops two, or Ghosts and see the vast improvement. I can only imagine what games will look like at the end of the this new gens life.

Badger3k
We Don't Need No Stinkin Badgers
Premium Member
join:2001-09-27
Franklin, OH

Badger3k to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
PS4 is probably done by a different team. I'm sure the PS4 and Xbox have different frameworks or whatever the hell it's called in the dev world. Again, you seem to believe it's all hardware but the hardware only does what it's told.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

1 recommendation

Link Logger to CPM

MVM

to CPM
loving my Xbox One and I'm not even a gamer.

Blake

SixSpeed
USA

1 recommendation

SixSpeed

said by Link Logger:

loving my Xbox One and I'm not even a gamer.

Blake

Just curious, if not gaming, what do you use it for?

It's certianly is a flop as far as an entertainment console.
It wont recognize USB storage, you cant stream from the console, you cant send voice messages to your friends, there is no HBO Go, the list goes on and on.

Link Logger
MVM
join:2001-03-29
Calgary, AB

3 recommendations

Link Logger

MVM

I use it as an entertainment console and I can only assume you don't have an Xbox One and are depending on others for your information.

I watch movies, TV series, shows, etc on it, use my xbox music with it, use Skype a lot, don't have HBO Go, but it uses my Sky Drive for pictures, home made movies etc so I've had no need to even try to plug a USB devices into it. Love the voice command, xbox glass, bing search, etc. so I'd hardly say its a flop as an entertainment console as its working great here for me.

Blake

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to CPM

Premium Member

to CPM
USB support for external storage is coming (they announced that this week) and it look like it will be unrestricted (i.e. you can plug any external hard drive into it)

SixSpeed
USA

SixSpeed to Link Logger

to Link Logger
said by Link Logger:

I use it as an entertainment console and I can only assume you don't have an Xbox One and are depending on others for your information.

I watch movies, TV series, shows, etc on it, use my xbox music with it, use Skype a lot, don't have HBO Go, but it uses my Sky Drive for pictures, home made movies etc so I've had no need to even try to plug a USB devices into it. Love the voice command, xbox glass, bing search, etc. so I'd hardly say its a flop as an entertainment console as its working great here for me.

Blake

Nope - I have one, most disappointing purchase ever.

With the weak attempt at deflection, I'd say it's more likely that YOU don't have one.
SixSpeed

SixSpeed to BigSensFan

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

USB support for external storage is coming (they announced that this week) and it look like it will be unrestricted (i.e. you can plug any external hard drive into it)

That's great - where did you see this? I'd like to read up.