uniqs

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula

Premium Member

HTC Droid DNA and media files

Got my first non-Motorola phone, a DNA. Got to say I really like the phone even if it isn't brand spanking new. Much faster than my prior RAZR xt912.

Anyhow I've come across an annoyance I'm wondering if somebody can confirm the goofiness. On any of my Motorola phones I'd put a .nomedia file in any folder I didn't want the phone including in libraries. Does anybody know if HTC phones not take the .nomedia file into account or not? It seems some experience this issue and some don't. I have a folder that I keep some images in but I don't want them included in the gallery. I've seen suggestions to put the files in a directory that starts with a dot (as in hiding the folder in Linux) to no avail. I've seen people recommending to rename the files which doesn't work (unless you rename it to a non-image file such as removing .jpg). I've also seen suggestions to use an app from Play called SDrescan which hasn't helped either.

I am using the stock ROM, though I am rooted.

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

I've always used the empty .nomedia file and this has worked for me, on my previus HTC Evo, and currently on my SG3...is that not working for you?

Some apps could bypass it, I guess.

Drunkula
Premium Member
Denton, TX

Drunkula

Premium Member

No, not working. I've even tried a different gallery app. Also tried clearing cache and data for the stock gallery app. Baffling...
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

it how since 5 and up handle mediafiles it really gets interesting with blinkfeed

Drunkula
Premium Member
Denton, TX

Drunkula

Premium Member

I think you may be right. However, it also seems that case seems to make a difference. I saw somebody mention instead of .nomedia they used .noMedia. Changing the "m" to uppercase seems to make a difference. Odd, though, that HTC would do that while Motorola (and everybody else?) it is all lowercase.