uniqs
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer to Phess

to Phess

Re: [Connectivity] SBG6580 w/ Galaxy S4 issue

said by Phess:

Ok here is what I found. My downstream channels were all 16dbmv and above. My cabling in the house is only 5 years old. The main line from the outside coming in goes into a -3.5db splitter with 2 outs. Cable modem wall outlet led to on of those -3.5db out. The other out goes to a -7db splitter for my TVs. I put the cable modem line into the -7db splitter instead and now Im getting 9-10dbmv on the downstream. Ill give this a shot and see if it helps. Comcast came and replaced one big splitter with those 2 splitters about 2 years ago because there was a signal issue. Turned out to be a bad cable from cable box to tv... yea really.

and it still may turn out to be IG's issue...
Phess
join:2014-03-04
Usa

Phess

Yes it could but in all my testing it only happens on my home network. Any idea why the 2 way -3.5db splitter would be causing too much power? Im now around 7-8dbmv and again thats on the -7db splitter with 3 other TVs
Phess

Phess

aaaaannnd the IG issue still remains...
Phess

1 recommendation

Phess

IG pushed out a major update yesterday that promised performance fixes and so far its no longer an issue on my home network. Why it had such problems on that network only Ill never know....