Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica

Re: Free TS3 for DSLR

Not that this is any of my business so feel free to not to answer me, but how much is it to rent the server? Is it something that someone can reasonably afford on their own, or does it have to be a group purchase?

Antonica
Premium Member
join:2002-09-02

1 recommendation

Antonica

Premium Member

There's a free way to do it, and we were doing that on our home theater pc until we had to give that to someone to use as a computer and moving the TS Server to our linux box didn't work out the way we wanted it to. It was easier to just rent a server than to spend more time on making it work for free. I think it's like $15/mo? for the 50 slot one.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

1 recommendation

Exodus to El Quintron

Premium Member

to El Quintron
»www.gameservers.com/team ··· servers/

Here's a link to the pricing from where I got mine. $12.71 for a 50 slot. Something we can easily afford at this point. If we start requiring a 250-slot server, we'd have enough people to easily donate for resources.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to El Quintron

to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

Not that this is any of my business so feel free to not to answer me, but how much is it to rent the server? Is it something that someone can reasonably afford on their own, or does it have to be a group purchase?

I bought my guilds Mumble server hire. 25 slots was $22.50 for one year so perfectly affordable by one person.

I'm websensed at work but the site was Multiplay and if I recall the prices got cheaper the more slots you had so 50 slots wouldn't have been more than $45. I only needed 10 slots, but the price difference between Mumble and Vent allowed me to get the extra 15 just in case we do flex raids.

EDIT: Just found my invoice for the previous years Vent server, that was $28 for 10 slots for a year.

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
said by Exodus:

Here's a link to the pricing from where I got mine. $12.71 for a 50 slot. Something we can easily afford at this point. If we start requiring a 250-slot server, we'd have enough people to easily donate for resources.

That's completely reasonable. I would like to join the rest of DSLr when I have more time, but it's good to know that this is a completely affordable option should I require it down the line.

EQ
El Quintron

El Quintron to Antonica

Premium Member

to Antonica
said by Antonica:

It was easier to just rent a server than to spend more time on making it work for free.

Sometimes that's the best bet, I have two young children, so if I can't get it up and running in what little time I have, I just won't be able to do it.
El Quintron

El Quintron to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

I bought my guilds Mumble server hire. 25 slots was $22.50 for one year so perfectly affordable by one person.

That's another option, I'll admit I had a pretty tough time trying to set up my own Mumble server.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Exodus

Premium Member

to Exodus
We need a Titanfall room.

kthx.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

That way Savious can go in there and fanboi himself to death when the game isn't even out yet.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious

Premium Member

said by Krisnatharok:

That way Savious can go in there and fanboi himself to death when the game isn't even out yet.

The Titanfall room will be ran with a heavy hand!