spc
uniqs
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to Kathy_9

to Kathy_9

Re: Want to turn a logo into a coloring picture

YES! Like that but with a the lines outlining the apple, chalk board, and hair a little better, but yes that's the exact "effect" I was looking for! Gonna be so cute when they color it!!

Edit: OK either I missed it the first time or you edited the pic real fast because I look at it now and looks great!

Kathy_9
Premium Member
join:2005-05-15
Cloud 9

1 recommendation

Kathy_9

Premium Member

Glad it works for you. Yes, I noticed when I uploaded it that it was missing some detail so I did edit it.
TherapyChick
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick

Thank you sooo much, I'll post a link when we get some of the colored real cute.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

Kathy_9

Premium Member

You're very welcome. I look forward to seeing some of their artwork.
TherapyChick
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick

Hey - can you kinda explain how you did that anyway? I know some basics of photo editing so if you say it I might understand what you mean.

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

Kathy_9

Premium Member

You can achieve this effect by using Topaz Simplify. Select the Cartoon preset and then click the Edges button. I'm sure there are other plug-ins that will do something similar.

b8264d
Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there?
Premium Member
join:2013-03-12
Weld, ME

b8264d

Premium Member

I must be doing it wrong, I have not been able to get images converted like that. I was hoping to create coloring images for me neices and nephews. Guess I need to play with it some more. ;o)

Kathy_9
Premium Member
Cloud 9

1 recommendation

Kathy_9

Premium Member

said by b8264d:

I must be doing it wrong, I have not been able to get images converted like that. I was hoping to create coloring images for me neices and nephews. Guess I need to play with it some more. ;o)

Are you using Topaz Simplify? If so, you may need to play with the Simplify and Edges sliders until you get the result you are looking for. Each image will be different and some images just don't convert well.

If you don't have Topaz Simplify, you could try Paint.Net which is a free program and go to Effects -> Artistic -> Find Edges or Effects -> Artistic -> Pencil Sketch.

Good luck.

b8264d
Hello? Hello? Is there anyone out there?
Premium Member
join:2013-03-12
Weld, ME

1 recommendation

b8264d

Premium Member

It's quite possible I was trying to use an image that just wasn't right. I always go for the difficult ones first. lol

This has given me the desire to try again.