spc
uniqs

Farley11
@scansafe.net

Farley11 to Jack_in_VA

Anon

to Jack_in_VA

Re: [HVAC] Condensing unit problems

I'm starting to question your intellect. I came in here with a problem in hopes to get some feedback for a solution. Instead, all you can come up with is that the man I chose to help me fix it is an idiot basically. Now explain to me how the ineptitude of this individual has anything to do with helping ME find a solution. You offered no helpful input whatsoever. I'm betting if I could read your post history it would be full of "that guy is an idiot!" or "Get a second opinion!" While your comments may ring true, it does not help me in any way shape or form. I asked for HELP and you only offer OPINIONS on a man you don't even know.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

1 edit

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

said by Farley11 :

Now explain to me how the ineptitude of this individual has anything to do with helping ME find a solution.

If you had a competent technician then you would have long found the source of your problem and the solution to it and most likely you would be happily back on line with your equipment.

Don't be questioning my intellect given your posts on this. I know how to troubleshoot a problem with an HVAC unit and how to repair it.

Farley11
@mycingular.net

Farley11

Anon

Fact: I asked for help and you offered none. All you did was restate your opinion 4 different times. If this guy dies in the next minute my problem still exists. I know, let's try this. Assume I never mentioned a repairman in my OP. If you do this perhaps you will learn how to properly help those who come to this forum for answers and not opinions.

Jack_in_VA
Premium Member
join:2007-11-26
North, VA

Jack_in_VA

Premium Member

Just had the fan motor replaced by a certified repairman. Everything worked as it should and I asked him how loud it was when it came on because our unit is very close to our neighbor's bedroom window. While the unit was running, he pulled the breaker from the disconnect box and put it back in to show me how loud it was. Now the fan will slowly spin but the condesor will not come on. You can hear it trying to work for a split second then it fails. He was saying there was a some sort of overload trip meter thingy that won't trip back to where it should be. What are my options?He said let it sit overnight to see if it will cool off and come back on. This morning it was doing the same thing. When the thermostat is turned off, the unit is still receiving power for some reason and this has him scratching his head I'm thinking that whatever piece of equipment stops the flow of electricity to the unit has failed and needs to be replaced. If I am correct, will this probably solve my problem?

This is you quote from your first post here. I'm going to continue to tell you that this person is not a competent HVAC Tech IMO as he should have been able to identify the problem and what to do to fix it to get you back in service.

Given you are taking a hardhead stance on this and refuse to consider getting a qualified repair tech to troubleshoot and repair your problem I'm done with it.

Farley11
@mycingular.net

Farley11

Anon

That input does not help my current situation. Please be done with me.