to hmm

Re: Voltage vs Teksavvy decision

said by hmm :

said by rednekcowboy:

Is completely untrue

What is?
That TSI did not oppose?
That TSI did not follow those 3 points?
Care to elaborate what it is that you construed to be untrue?

I've learned not to debate with fanatical anon posters when they say one thing and then twist it around when they are called on it.

Want a debate sure, but state what you mean, don't beat around the bush about something then reverse your opinion after the fact.
JMJimmy
join:2008-07-23

JMJimmy

- Have their privacy safeguarded.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the Judge's order limiting what info Voltage gets and how they can use the information they get

- Be notified that a request for their personal information has been made by a third party.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the fact that we knew about it from the start.

- Have an opportunity to defend themselves when claims are made against them.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the court record in which they requested a delay. This gave people a chance to fight back - they didn't take it (yet) but there was the opportunity.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

1 recommendation

dillyhammer to rednekcowboy

Premium Member

to rednekcowboy
said by rednekcowboy:

I've learned not to debate with fanatical anon posters

I just add them to my blocked list. I can't be bothered with anyone that won't sign their work.

My Christmas wish every year is that the blocking mechanism on DSLr gets some smarts. For example, when I block someone, I want their shit to disappear (which already happens), but my wish is THEY can't see my shit either.

If those 2 mechanisms applied to quoted text too, that would make me deliriously happy.

edit: It's a global block: all anon posts are ignored with one click. works great.

Mike
Expand your moderator at work

hmm
@videotron.ca

hmm to JMJimmy

Anon

to JMJimmy

Re: Voltage vs Teksavvy decision

said by JMJimmy:

- Have their privacy safeguarded.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the Judge's order limiting what info Voltage gets and how they can use the information they get

- Be notified that a request for their personal information has been made by a third party.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the fact that we knew about it from the start.

- Have an opportunity to defend themselves when claims are made against them.

Yup, TSI did this, as is evident by the court record in which they requested a delay. This gave people a chance to fight back - they didn't take it (yet) but there was the opportunity.

Yup. TSI did all that. Which put them above every other ISP, as stated.

But, I think some people don't see that. Or they can't grasp it.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy to dillyhammer

to dillyhammer
said by dillyhammer:

said by rednekcowboy:

I've learned not to debate with fanatical anon posters

I just add them to my blocked list. I can't be bothered with anyone that won't sign their work.

My Christmas wish every year is that the blocking mechanism on DSLr gets some smarts. For example, when I block someone, I want their shit to disappear (which already happens), but my wish is THEY can't see my shit either.

If those 2 mechanisms applied to quoted text too, that would make me deliriously happy.

edit: It's a global block: all anon posts are ignored with one click. works great.

Mike

That's an awesome suggestion. Thanks Mike!!

Bill