how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Spice300
Premium
join:2006-01-10

[WildBlue] AT&T FAP Server Errors

Since yesterday evening the AT&T FAP server (attwb.net 216.126.204.65) has been returning errors when FAPzilla tries to read my FAP meter.

3/4/2014,17:33:00,ERROR,ERROR,5829742,489664
--
Wildblue Value Pack, beam 31, Riverside gateway

BasilAR
WildBlue

join:2006-07-20
Parks, AR

Viasat is slowly "cleaning up" many old WildBlue sites.
Most of our tools are becoming useless forcing us to rely more and more on them.

msxml3.dll error '800c0005'
The system cannot locate the resource specified.
/content/fap-sso/proxy_username.asp, line 16
--
WildBlue - Beam 35 - value

Spice300
Premium
reply to Spice300

Oh, no. It will be difficult to manage my usage without the data from FAPzilla.

In looking at this more carefully, my HOSTS file is not remapping my.wildblue.net to the AT&T FAP server, so it looks like my.wildblue.net is no longer returning results.
--

DrStrangLov

join:2012-03-28

said by Spice300:

FAP server

NetWorx is designed by programmers living in Brisbane, Australia, where ISPs meter your usage, where there are differences in day-time vs night-time usage tariff rates.

Btw, dynamic IP addresses are being mixed together at Riverside. When first using Exede-5 two years ago, I was on the "184" IP series, which is typical for Exede-12 users. I'm on WB-1 satellite, but I have been using Anik-F2's original IPs (67...and 72...), and I think WB-1 IP series (75...).

Hence, ViaSat has been rearranging network infrastructure...

Footnote - »[Exede] IP Address Flipped Today

Spice300
Premium
reply to Spice300

I have Networx installed, and it gives data that seems accurate. The data from Netstat.exe that my software records currently reads about 2 times higher than actual usage. Networx also does not include Wildblue's fictional usage spikes, fictional usage and the variable delay in adding and subtracting usage. I must compare these locally collected usage statistics to Wildblue's FAP meter to manage my usage.
--

DrStrangLov

quote:
Wildblue's fictional usage spikes
If ViaSat "listens," then I'm surprised they don't rewrite their FAP program to allow a pinch higher data allowance before reducing an user's speeds. WildBlue's Fair Access Policy should be fair.

quote:
Netstat
Netstat is a DOS Command, for those not aware, but its always a good idea to run this command just after booting up a Windoze computer without software programs running and observe http/https traffic. And run netstat once and awhile during your session. Or just run this command full-time to see what connections are active,

C:\>netstat -n 5

Press CTRL+C to stop redisplaying statistics.

N4ST
Jim
Premium
join:2005-11-25
Jersey, VA
reply to Spice300

Sadly, after 7-1/2 years of logging my daily Wildblue usage, Fapzilla started returning errors on March 4. I hope some clever person posts a workaround. I know there are other ways to measure usage with your router, but since the only one that really counts is Wildblue's estimate, that is the one I would like to be able to read automatically.
--
Anik F2 | WildBlue Pro Pak | Beam 37 | Laredo NOC | Since Nov 2005 | Linksys WRT110| Windows 7 | Homebrew PC

wm4bama

join:2012-05-10
Goodwater, AL

N4ST, Reality Ripple has a gadget that runs in the background that will retrieve your usage directly from the Wildblue usage meter. You configure it with the same log-on ID and password that you use to log into the usage web site, you can also configure it to what interval you want to use for retrieval...like once an hour, or every 15 minutes...

I know the gadget works for us Exede users (I use it) and pretty sure it works with Legacy accounts...you can download it from here:

»realityripple.com/Software/Appli···3LD87vlx
--
Exede12, ViaSat-1, beam 342, Albuquerque Gateway, Denver AcceleNet servers

DrStrangLov

1 edit
reply to Spice300

RE: 216.126.204.65

That IP is traced to Ikano Communications (www.ikano.com) via ARIN

NetRange 216.126.192.0 - 216.126.239.255

When I do a nslookup, maybe in Denver, I get

Name: attwb.net
Address: 216.126.204.157

AT&T may have nothing to do with bean counting...maybe ikano counts the beans, or keeps them in their cloud.

Spice300
Premium
reply to Spice300

Unless my records are in error, the IP address got swapped over the years. I have tried ikano, AT&T and NRTC FAP servers without success. Unfortunately all that I know about no longer work. I studied the HTML code of my Admintool page, but unfortunately could not find anything that would work. The NRTC is using a CGI code that inserts the text value into the HTML page which hides the source of the data.

Thus far, I have been logging into my Admintool page each day when I start my computer, recording the reading from my FAP meter and then monitoring my usage with Networx for the remainder of the day. It is an inadequate method because it is error prone and takes about 5 minutes to retrieve the data from the Admintool page. Frustration....
--

DrStrangLov

said by Spice300:

IP address got swapped

Download Reality Ripple's gadget, then fire up Fiddler2, or try using Netstat -n when gadget is activated.

N4ST
Jim
Premium
join:2005-11-25
Jersey, VA
reply to Spice300

said by Spice300:

Unless my records are in error, the IP address got swapped over the years...

I think I had to change the address once or twice in my 7-1/2 years of use. Finally bit the bullet and installed Satellite Restriction Tracker. I wanted to import my old data into it, but the import function is broken, but may be fixed on the next release.
--
Anik F2 | WildBlue Pro Pak | Beam 37 | Laredo NOC | Since Nov 2005 | Linksys WRT110| Windows 7 | Homebrew PC

tmaster

join:2012-01-25
reply to BasilAR

I would not call it a cleanup do turn off the usage meter for existing AT&T customers. They have replaced it with nothing.

tmaster

join:2012-01-25
reply to Spice300

FAPzilla only knows how to read the old flash chart data that AT&T uses. It doesnt know how to read the XML data that the WB servers were using. Get my DAPZilla program and try it, it reads both the chart data from at&t and the xml data from dish and wb servers. Works just like fapzilla. Type dapzilla into google.

That said you need the special HASH code displayed in the html code on your usage page to use the newer servers since they no longer take a email address.
If the NRTC has changed and is no longer display " 'FlashVars', 'xmlsrc=" then you cant use the new WB servers. at

myaccount.wildblue.net/wbisp/usage_gadget/usage_gadget_xml.jsp?u=
myaccount.dishmail.net/wbisp/usage_gadget/usage_gadget_xml.jsp?u=
myaccount.directv.net/wbisp/usage_gadget/usage_gadget_xml.jsp?u=

I am a AT&T customer and was pulling data from the at&t server. Its now broken. They did not change the page and give us a new way to read usage its just broken.

Like you and others I have no access to any WB usage meter I am to login at the at&t wildblue page.
»attwb.net/support/

Right now I have no way to check my usage. I went over upload right before it went down and I have no way to tell what my current status is.

I have tried to report it but get no where.

Sometimes I dont think WB even knows the AT&T customers exist I can not even access the online pages I used to use to change credit cards everything has to be done on the phone.

ExedeCrystal

join:2014-02-19

1 edit

tmaster,
We know AT&T customers exist,but a majority are wholesale and we do not have as much information as AT&T does for these accounts. Customer Care for AT&T Customers is available to assist with technical issues 24 hours, 7 days a week at 1-866-798-4787. Sign in to the AT&T High-Speed Internet Customer Portal to view your usage. Other online help can be found at »att.yahoo.com and »www.attwb.net/support. If you need further assistance, please email us at »wildbluelistens@viasat.com . Sincerely, ExedeCrystal.

BasilAR
WildBlue

join:2006-07-20
Parks, AR

It is working again.

DrStrangLov

Spice300 (OP) apparently has quit Wildblue since his Credit Card fi·as·co.; once his reseller turned off account, they won't allow his Wildblue equipment to be turned back on.

»[WildBlue] PSREC Billing and Internet Education D

As he noted, "Yes. The bank canceled my card without issuing me a new one and without informing me. I visited a bank branch to begin to fix the mess they created. Plumas-Sierra Telecom., fka Gotsky, terminated my Internet access on March 31, and Wildblue service can not be reinstated because they insist that I get Exede."