uniqs
share rss forum feed

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

Free Epix Preview Starting March 18th

Click for full size
Epix
I got this card today in the mail saying there will be a new movie channel added and theres a free preview for 3 months beginning March 18th. I've never heard of this channel before. Wonder if its any good? Hope they have it in HD

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
From what I have been able to tell it is pretty decent. They have a Roku channel as well for those who have service from participating cable companies.
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX
Nice! I wonder what the monthly price on it will be. I hope its not too much, I'd consider getting it.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:4
reply to MeInDallas
said by MeInDallas:

I got this card today in the mail saying there will be a new movie channel added and theres a free preview for 3 months beginning March 18th. I've never heard of this channel before. Wonder if its any good? Hope they have it in HD

yes it will be HD! 4 of the EPIX channels will be in HD:
585 EPIX HD
586 EPIX West HD
587 EPIX 2 HD
588 EPIX 3 HD
595 EPIX
596 EPIX West
597 EPIX 2
598 EPIX 3
599 EPIX Drive-In

Happydude32
Premium
join:2005-07-16
kudos:1
reply to MeInDallas
Epix basically shows the movies that Showtime would be showing if CBS and Viacom didn't split years ago. Epix has first run rights to movies from Paramount (owned by Viacom), MGM and IIRC Lions Gate, along with any studios affiliated with those. They are home to some box office blockbusters like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Hunger Games franchise. Unlike other premium offerings, they don't offer much in the way of original series but they do carry some smaller boxing and MMA matches.

The only channel that won't be in HD is Epix Drive In, which has no HD feed. So you can roll your eyes at Viacom for that, not Time Warner.
--
Phil Robertson/Ted Nugent 2016
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA! - Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal 0bamacare Now!/Marriage = Man + Woman

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by Happydude32:

Epix basically shows the movies that Showtime would be showing if CBS and Viacom didn't split years ago. Epix has first run rights to movies from Paramount (owned by Viacom), MGM and IIRC Lions Gate, along with any studios affiliated with those. They are home to some box office blockbusters like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Hunger Games franchise. Unlike other premium offerings, they don't offer much in the way of original series but they do carry some smaller boxing and MMA matches.

The only channel that won't be in HD is Epix Drive In, which has no HD feed. So you can roll your eyes at Viacom for that, not Time Warner.

well EPIX-Drive in has mainly B rated movies from the 1970s-1990s though meaning that most of the content may not be in HD anyways lol!

Satch

join:2009-11-25
I heard the cost was going to be $10 a month after the preview. I don't know if that is nation-wide. Is this being added to TWC Movie Pass, which has the Encore series of channels? Last I heard, it is going to be a stand-alone channel package.

Satch

JayOSU

@myvzw.com
reply to motorola870
UNLESS, of course, you're one of the forgotten ones in the former Insight areas. Here you will only get the SD versions. So sick of being royally screwed over like this.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by JayOSU :

UNLESS, of course, you're one of the forgotten ones in the former Insight areas. Here you will only get the SD versions. So sick of being royally screwed over like this.

umm no TWC is adding the HD versions in the former insight areas as well according to legal notices on the website.

rjbasye

join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY
I hope so. We are still missing quite a few HD Channels here. The just ran a promo for Al Jazeera which is missing on Ch 376.

A1cntrler

join:2013-12-09
Moorpark, CA
reply to MeInDallas
When I got my first ROKU years ago, I found the service called EPIX on it and was excited to see it and even considered subscribing to it. I did the free preview and loved it. Came time to subscribe and I couldn't because my TV service provider didn't carry the channel.

I've never had TWC for Television, just use it for Internet and DirecTV is my TV provider. If Epix had offered a subscription for cord cutters I'd have been all over it. But somewhere in a dimly lit room somewhere, someone decided that you can only use the streaming service IF you also subscribe to the television service. If HBO GO could be subscribed to without having to subscribe through a wired TV subscription, I bet a lot of people would cut the cord. I guess the TV lobbyists have somehow blocked Epix from doing the same.

I'm going to try and see if I can stream it on ROKU using my TWC Account info though.. Maybe...

JayOSU

@myvzw.com
reply to motorola870
If you look closely at the legal notice towards the bottom you will see a section entitled, "for insight customers only." There you will see they are only adding the sd versions for us.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by JayOSU :

If you look closely at the legal notice towards the bottom you will see a section entitled, "for insight customers only." There you will see they are only adding the sd versions for us.

I see that now but that only applies to Columbus Ohio area former insight areas though. the other former insight areas areas are getting the HD versions. I guess TWC ran out of bandwidth in the 860MHz system in Columbus former insight to add HD?

Bowling Green, KY

February 28, 2014

Our agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future:

YouToo TV, HRTV, Nuvo TV, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, NHL Center Ice HD, MLB Extra Innings, MLB Extra Innings HD, Outdoor Channel, MLB Network, MLB Network HD, Jewelry TV, RFD, RFD HD.

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers.
We may cease carriage of Nuvo TV or reposition Nuvo TV to the Digital Choice/Variety Pass Plus level of service.
On or about 3/18/14 we will launch EPIX 1 East on ch. 763, EPIX 1 East HD on ch 764, EPIX 1 West on ch. 765, EPIX 1 West HD on ch 766, EPIX 2 on ch. 767 , EPIX 2 HD on ch 768, EPIX 3 on ch 769, EPIX 3 HD on ch 770 and EPIX Drive-In on ch. 771. These services will offered to our subscribers on an a la carte basis. In addition, Time Warner Cable will temporarily make EPIX 1 East, EPIX 1 East HD, EPIX 1 West, EPIX 1 West HD, EPIX 2, EPIX 2 HD, EPIX 3, EPIX 3 HD and EPIX Drive-In available to all Digital subscribers on or about 3/18/14 for three months. These channels may contain PG, PG–13, TV–14, TVMA and R rated programs. To find out how to block these channels, and for more parental control information, visit twc.com or call 800-892-2253. Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply.
On or about 3/31/14, we may reposition Fox Sports 1 SD channel 551 and HD channel 969 to the Standard TV level of service.
On or about 3/31/14, we may reposition Nat Geo Wild channel 151 to the Varitey Pass level of service.
On or about 4/10/14, we will be making technical changes to our cable systems that may disrupt your ability to view the following unencrypted (“in-the-clear”) channels on a digital television or other device that includes a QAM tuner (a “ClearQAM device”): A&E, ABC Family, AMC, Animal Planet, BET, Bravo, Cartoon, CMT, cn2, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2, Daystar, Discovery, Disney, E!, Educational Access, ESPN, ESPN2, EWTN, Food Network, Fox Business, Fox News, FS Ohio, FS South, FX, Golf Channel, Government Access, Hallmark, HGTV, History, HLN, HSN HD, HSN/Public Access, ID, ION, Jewelry TV, KET 2, KET KY, Lifetime, Local News Channel, Local Sports Channel, MSNBC, MTV, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Oxygen, Sprout, Quick Start Guide, QVC, Religious Access/INSP, ShopHQ, Spike TV, SyFy, TBS, TLC, TNT, Travel, TBN, truTV, TV Land, TVGN, Univision, Univision HD, USA Network, VH1, WBKO ABC, WBKO CW, WBKO FOX, WBKO HD ABC, WBKO HD FOX, WETV, Weather Channel HD, Weather Channel, WGN America, WGN America HD, WKGB PBS KET, WKGB HD PBS KET, WKYU PBS, WKYU PBS Create, WKYU HD PBS, WNKY CBS, WNKY NBC, WNKY HD CBS, WNKY HD NBC, WTVF CBS, WTVF HD CBS, WTVF News Channel 5+, WTVF This TV. If this occurs, you will need to go into the settings menu on your ClearQAM device and perform a new channel scan in order to resume viewing these channels. Customers using digital cable set-top boxes will not notice any change.
Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply.

For up-to-date listings of our packages and channels, visit our website at www.timewarnercable.com.

Owensboro, KY and Evansville, IN areas

Includes: Morganfield, and Owensboro, KY; Newburgh and Rockport, IN

February 28, 2014

Time Warner Cable’s agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services or stations in the near future.

Azteca America, Azteca America HD, MLB Extra Innings, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, Once Mexico, You Too TV, You Too TV HD, Zap2It, CCTV News, Gol TV, Gol TV HD, Jewelry TV, Once Mexico, Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Channel HD, MLB Network, MLB Network HD, MLB Extra Innings, YES Network, YES Network HD, RFD.

On or about March 25, InDemand PayPerView Previews on ch 801 may be removed from the channel line-up. Effective on or about April 1st, Speed Channel will be available in digital format only. Digital cable ready equipment, such as a digital set-top box or CableCARD equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product, will be required to view Speed Channel. Speed Channel will remain in the Standard Cable tier but will move to channel 148 from channel 16.

From time to time Time Warner Cable makes certain changes in the services that we offer. On or about April 2, 2014, we will be making technical changes to our cable systems that may disrupt your ability to view the following unencrypted (“in-the-clear”) channels on a digital television or other device that includes a QAM tuner (a “ClearQAM device”): Livermore: WYYW Me TV, WFIE NBC, WGN, QVC, WTVW CW, Around Owensboro, WNIN PBS, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, WKOH PBS, WDRB FOX, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2; Owensboro: WYYW Me TV, WFIE NBC, WGN, QVC, WTVW CW, Around Owensboro, WNIN PBS, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, WKOH PBS, OCC Online, Owensboro Public Schools, Daviess County Schools, Local Access, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2; Morganfield: WYYW Me TV, WFIE NBC, WGN, QVC, WTVW CW, WNIN PBS, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, WKOH PBS, Local Access Programming; Rockport: WYYW Me TV, WFIE NBC, WGN, QVC, WTVW CW, Around Owensboro, WNIN PBS, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, WKOH PBS, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2; Shawneetown: WSIL ABC, WFIE NBC, WGN, QVC, WTVW CW, KBSI FOX, WNIN PBS, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, KFVS CBS, WPSD NBC, C-SPAN, C-SPAN 2. Newburgh: INSP, ION, WFIE NBC, CNN, WNIN PBS, WTVW CW, WEVV CBS, WEHT ABC, Discovery Channel, QVC, WYYW Me TV, CMT, C-SPAN, Golf, TLC, Syfy, TBS, Time Warner Cable 23, Comedy Central, CNBC, Disney Channel, HLN, Lifetime, The Weather Channel, VH1, AMC, Nickelodeon, MTV, A&E, ESPN, ESPN2, Fox Sports Midwest, USA, History, ShopNBC, Cartoon Network, HGTV, WGN America, FX, TNT, ABC Family, TBN, E!, Spike TV, MSNBC, Fox News Channel, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, Food Network, HSN, C-SPAN2, EWTN, BET, Bravo, TCM, Hallmark Channel, truTV, Revenue Frontier, TV Land, Oxygen, Big Ten Network. If this occurs, you will need to go into the settings menu on your ClearQAM device and perform a new channel scan in order to resume viewing these channels. Customers using digital cable set-top boxes will not notice any change.

(Former Insight only) Our agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future:

YouToo TV, HRTV, Nuvo TV, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, NHL Center Ice HD, MLB Extra Innings, MLB Extra Innings HD, Outdoor Channel, MLB Network, MLB Network HD, Jewelry TV, RFD, RFD HD.

In addition, from time to time we make certain changes in the services that we offer in order to better serve our customers.

Full Digital Areas:

We may cease carriage of Nuvo TV or reposition Nuvo TV to the Digital Choice/Variety Pass Plus level of service.On or after 3/5/14 Shop! Travel On Demand channels 238/458 may be removed from our lineups. On or about 3/18/14 we will launch EPIX 1 East on ch. 763, EPIX 1 East HD on ch 764, EPIX 1 West on ch. 765, EPIX 1 West HD on ch 766, EPIX 2 on ch. 767, EPIX 2 HD on ch 768, EPIX 3 on ch 769, EPIX 3 HD on ch 770 and EPIX Drive-In on ch. 771. These services will be offered to our subscribers on an a la carte basis. In addition, Time Warner Cable will temporarily make EPIX 1 East, EPIX 1 East HD, EPIX 1 West, EPIX 1 West HD, EPIX 2, EPIX 2 HD, EPIX 3, EPIX 3 HD and EPIX Drive-In available to all Digital subscribers on or about 3/18/14 for three months. These channels may contain PG, PG–13, TV–14, TVMA and R rated programs. To find out how to block these channels, and for more parental control information, visit twc.com or call 800-892-2253. On or about 3/31/14, we may reposition Nat Geo Wild channel 151 to the Variety Pass level of service.

Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply.

For up-to-date listings of our packages and channels, visit our website at www.timewarnercable.com.

Central Kentucky

Includes: Berea, Cynthiana, Flemingsburg, Georgetown, Harrodsburg, Morehead, Mt. Sterling, Nicholasville, Paris, Richmond, Tollesboro, Versailles, Winchester, and London, KY

February 28, 2014

Time Warner Cable’s agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services or stations in the near future.

Azteca America, Azteca America HD, MLB Extra Innings, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, Once Mexico, You Too TV, You Too TV HD, Zap2It, CCTV News, Gol TV, Gol TV HD, Jewelry TV, Once Mexico, Outdoor Channel, Outdoor Channel HD, MLB Network, MLB Network HD, MLB Extra Innings, YES Network, YES Network HD, RFD.

Time Warner Cable may reposition Sports Time Ohio to Digital Choice Red. On or about March 20, 2014 SportNet LA SD and HD will be added to Sports Pass on channel 268 and 662. On or about March 25, InDemand PayPerView Previews on ch 801 may be removed from the channel line-up. On or after March 28, Nicktoons HD will be added on Ch. 645 and Nick Jr HD will be added on Ch. 644.

On or about March 18, 2014 we will launch EPIX 1 East on ch. 494, EPIX 1 East HD on ch. 540, EPIX 1 West on ch. 495, EPIX 1 West HD on ch 541, EPIX 2 on ch. 496, EPIX 2 HD on ch 542, EPIX 3 on ch 497, EPIX 3 HD on ch 543 and EPIX Drive-In on ch. 498. These services will be offered to our subscribers on an a la carte basis. In addition, Time Warner Cable will temporarily make EPIX 1 East, EPIX 1 East HD, EPIX 1 West, EPIX 1 West HD, EPIX 2, EPIX 2 HD, EPIX 3, EPIX 3 HD and EPIX Drive-In available to all Digital subscribers on or about March 18, 2014 for three months. These channels may contain PG, PG–13, TV–14, TVMA and R rated programs. To find out how to block these channels, and for more parental control information, visit twc.com or call 800-892-2253.

The new services listed below will require two-way capable digital cable ready equipment, such as a Time Warner Cable-provided set-top box or a CableCARD-equipped Unidirectional Digital Cable Product (UDCP) used in conjunction with a Tuning Adapter. Other UDCPs may not be able to access these services without additional equipment, such as a set-top box: EPIX 1 East on ch. 494, EPIX 1 East HD on ch. 540, EPIX 1 West on ch. 495, EPIX 1 West HD on ch 541, EPIX 2 on ch. 496, EPIX 2 HD on ch 542, EPIX 3 on ch 497, EPIX 3 HD on ch 543 and EPIX Drive-In on ch. 498, Sportsnet LA on 268 and 662, Nick Jr HD, 644, Nicktoons HD 645.

(Former Insight only) Our agreements with programmers and broadcasters to carry their services and stations routinely expire from time to time. We are usually able to obtain renewals or extensions of such agreements, but in order to comply with applicable regulations, we must inform you when an agreement is about to expire. The following agreements are due to expire soon, and we may be required to cease carriage of one or more of these services/stations in the near future:

YouToo TV, Cable Noticias, Canal 52, HRTV, Momentum TV, Nuvo TV, NHL Network, NHL Network HD, NHL Center Ice, NHL Center Ice HD, MLB Extra Innings, MLB Extra Innings HD, Outdoor Channel, MLB Network, MLB Network HD, Jewelry TV, RFD, RFD HD.

We may cease carriage of Nuvo TV or reposition Nuvo TV to the Para Ti Level of service.

On or about 3/26/14, we will be making technical changes to our cable systems that may disrupt your ability to view the following unencrypted (“in-the-clear”) channels on a digital television or other device that includes a QAM tuner (a “ClearQAM device”): cn2, Daystar, Discovery, Discovery HD, Fayette County Schools, Governemnt Access, ICN17, Jewelry TV, KET2, KETKY, Library Channel, Public Access, QVC, Shop Zeal 8, ShopHQ, TBS, TBS HD, TVGN, UKTV, Univision, Univision HD, WDKY FOX, WDKY FOX HD, Weather Channel, Weather Channel HD, WGN America, WGN America HD, WKLE KET1, WKLE KET1 HD, WKYT CBS, WKYT CBS HD, WKYT CW, WKYT CW HD, WLEX NBC, WLEX NBC HD, WLEX METV, WLJC, WTVQ ABC, WTVQ ABC HD, WTVQ My Network, WTVQ My Network HD, WTVQ Antenna TV, WUPX ION, WUPX ION HD. If this occurs, you will need to go into the settings menu on your ClearQAM device and perform a new channel scan in order to resume viewing these channels. Customers using digital cable set-top boxes will not notice any change.

On or about 3/18/14 we will launch EPIX 1 East on ch. 763, EPIX 1 East HD on ch 764, EPIX 1 West on ch. 765, EPIX 1 West HD on ch 766, EPIX 2 on ch. 767 , EPIX 2 HD on ch 768, EPIX 3 on ch 769, EPIX 3 HD on ch 770 and EPIX Drive-In on ch. 771. These services will offered to our subscribers on an a la carte basis. In addition, Time Warner Cable will temporarily make EPIX 1 East, EPIX 1 East HD, EPIX 1 West, EPIX 1 West HD, EPIX 2, EPIX 2 HD, EPIX 3, EPIX 3 HD and EPIX Drive-In available to all Digital subscribers on or about 3/18/14 for three months. These channels may contain PG, PG–13, TV–14, TVMA and R rated programs. To find out how to block these channels, and for more parental control information, visit twc.com or call 800-892-2253. Programming is subject to change. Not all services available in all areas. Restrictions may apply.
On or about 3/31/14, we may reposition Nat Geo Wild channel 151 to the Varitey Pass level of service.

»www.timewarnercable.com/content/···ces.html

I am really shocked that TWC isn't even planning on adding Nick Jr. HD or Nicktoons HD in the all digital insight areas which should be very easy to do.

JayOSU

@rr.com
reply to motorola870
Ummmmm, no, sorry. Here's a link to the legal notice from our newspaper, the Columbus Dispatch. »www.mypublicnotices.com/dispatch···=3433194

Look at the bottom where it says "former insight." You will notice that we are getting only the SD versions, not the HD versions.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by JayOSU :

Ummmmm, no, sorry. Here's a link to the legal notice from our newspaper, the Columbus Dispatch. »www.mypublicnotices.com/dispatch···=3433194

Look at the bottom where it says "former insight." You will notice that we are getting only the SD versions, not the HD versions.

you do realize that the notice you are pointing to is only for the Columbus Ohio area? I listed all of the other former Insight areas in Indiana, and Kentucky. The other former insight areas have the bandwidth to EPIX in HD apparently but not Nick Jr. HD and Nicktoons HD lol!

to get the other legal notices you have to enter a zip code for a different area use Zip code: 41101 and you will see those other notices under the regulatory page which is accessible via a link near the bottom on TWC.com .

Rick4769

join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY
So Time Warner is now carrying West Coast feeds of Epix? I only wish they would have carried West Coast feeds of HBO, Showtime, Movie Channel and Starz when I was a subscriber.

Happydude32
Premium
Why?

JayOSU

@myvzw.com
reply to motorola870
My apologies, I didn't see my original post get published so I thought it was deleted for including a link.

Anyway, apparently Columbus is the lone hell hole for TWC/Insight. Might be time to look at satellite.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
said by JayOSU :

My apologies, I didn't see my original post get published so I thought it was deleted for including a link.

Anyway, apparently Columbus is the lone hell hole for TWC/Insight. Might be time to look at satellite.

hmm I think TWC probably has something planned for Columbus as they should have removed analogs by now. I think they may be waiting on the rebuild of the 550MHz areas to make any major changes. Just adding the EPIX multiplex in SD takes up at least 1/2 of a QAM carrier if the area doesn't use SDV.

rv65
Premium
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!
This is in the San Diego Legal notice and this is a 3 month freeview as well. This is available to all Digital subscribers.

mckenna797
Premium
join:2004-08-25
Astoria, NY
reply to MeInDallas
Just got the Card in the mail today in Astoria NY offer is available to all preferred TV customers Epix will be on channel 234 in my Area

Happydude32
Premium
reply to MeInDallas
Woke up this morning around 3 and checked and sure enough the Epix channels were live. I was flipping between the channels before I left for work and the picture quality is pretty good on all four of the HD Epix channels, better then other premiums actually. Looking forward to catching some movies I wanted to watch but haven't been able. Epix Drive In seems to rotate the same movies in the same order kind of like the old Encore MoviePlex channel. It's been a while since I laughed at the corniness of Haunting In Connecticut, so provided it doesn't air in the next few days on one of the other Epix channels in HD, I may watch my first movie on an SD channel in years. I'm glad Time Warner was able to get a deal done with Viacom that allowed them to carry this package.
--
Phil Robertson/Ted Nugent 2016
4/17/13 - A Beautiful Day For Freedom, Thank You United States Senate!
Message to Anti-Gun Liberals: HA HA! - Hussein Obama 0, American Public 1
Repeal 0bamacare Now!/Marriage = Man + Woman

motorola870

Arlington, TX
hmm Dallas seems to be having issues uploading the channels for some reason only EPIX On Demand channel 594 and EPIX SD on 595 are working.

JSull

join:2013-01-15
595 is the only one loading for me here in south Arlington.

motorola870

Arlington, TX
594 works on the navigator boxes right now only and I am in South Arlington as well

DslrMark

join:2000-06-29
Lawndale, CA
reply to MeInDallas
Thanks just setup the Roku and watching World War Z.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Woke up this morning around 3 and checked and sure enough the Epix channels were live. I was flipping between the channels before I left for work and the picture quality is pretty good on all four of the HD Epix channels, better then other premiums actually. Looking forward to catching some movies I wanted to watch but haven't been able. Epix Drive In seems to rotate the same movies in the same order kind of like the old Encore MoviePlex channel. It's been a while since I laughed at the corniness of Haunting In Connecticut, so provided it doesn't air in the next few days on one of the other Epix channels in HD, I may watch my first movie on an SD channel in years. I'm glad Time Warner was able to get a deal done with Viacom that allowed them to carry this package.

well the reason why is HBO uses MPEG 4 @8mbps compression
so TWC re-encodes to to MPEG2 at 8mbps ish a lot of digital artifacts is introduced. also the low bit rate does not help.

you would need 17-18mbps for it to look good as the MPEG-4 encoding

you will have to check the MPEG T/S via the FireWire port

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

hmm Dallas seems to be having issues uploading the channels for some reason only EPIX On Demand channel 594 and EPIX SD on 595 are working.

Apparently they had issues nationally as I saw some tweets from TWC saying they were working on the EPIX issues.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to motorola870
said by motorola870:

hmm I think TWC probably has something planned for Columbus as they should have removed analogs by now. I think they may be waiting on the rebuild of the 550MHz areas to make any major changes. Just adding the EPIX multiplex in SD takes up at least 1/2 of a QAM carrier if the area doesn't use SDV.

Likely correct - The former Insight Columbus area did not use SDV and if I am not mistaken the former Insight Columbus area still has 30-50 Analog channels still. [Which is still a lot even with a 860 Mhz (I think) plant in the "digital areas" of former Insight Columbus.

Carey lamb

@insightbb.com
reply to motorola870
Not sure what this new movie channel is but it shows on my dvr. It is for sports, and not playing anything yet,,I'm going by the channels that r listed above .