spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Ellen098
join:2003-05-04
U. S.

Ellen098

"bugs2go: folder in all Androids?

I have a Motorola cell & recently looked at the Files app. which came with the phone. After clicking "device storage", I found a folder "bugs2go". Along with long text files, which report on the status of a huge number of components & settings in the phone, there are files which are snapshots of the screen, taken about 2ce a day. I searched for info. about this online & saw that other Motorola users had seen this folder too but that the only way to remove the program taking those snapshots was by rooting the phone. Does anyone know of any other way to uninstall it?

In one cell phone forum, someone said that all Android users had this folder too but I haven't checked this out with other Android users yet. So, if you have an Android which isn't a Motorola, does the folder "bugs2go" appear in your internal storage and does it contain screenprints from a couple of times a day?
Zach
Premium Member
join:2006-11-26
Llano, CA

Zach

Premium Member

I've got rooted Samsung phones on both AT&T and VZW and neither has a bugs2go folder.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion to Ellen098

MVM

to Ellen098
Just throwing in this link or two, not sure how reliable they are:

»androidforums.com/bionic ··· oto.html

»www.droidrzr.com/index.p ··· updated/

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to Ellen098

Premium Member

to Ellen098
It is a Motorola thing. Had it on my prior RAZR and Bionic as well. I believe it it just a health-check thing Moto has running.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC
Hitron CDA3
(Software) OpenBSD + pf

Chubbzie to Ellen098

to Ellen098
From what I understand this is specific to Moto phones as it is nothing more than a bug reporting application that Motorola uses for troubleshooting problems. If you really want to remove it from your cell you will more than likely need root to perform that task as the software runs at root level.
Ellen098
join:2003-05-04
U. S.

Ellen098

Thanks to everyone who replied. While the text files appear to be bug reports, how could the screenprints, which appear a couple of times a day, have anything to do with bug reporting since there haven't been bugs with the functions shown in the screenprints? They vary - sometimes they're text messages, sometimes they're web pages, sometimes they show how the screen looked during a phone call, etc. It seems to me they're a very invasive form of spyware.

Drunkula
Premium Member
join:2000-06-12
Denton, TX

Drunkula to Ellen098

Premium Member

to Ellen098
I also seem to remember that there is a shell script somewhere under /system that you could disable to keep it from running. You'd need to be rooted though to do that. I don't recall the name of the script.