spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kellodl
join:2005-01-23
Huntsville, AL

kellodl

Huntsville, AL

Is 25/5 for $42/mo good? I've had this price since 2010 I think.
kellodl

kellodl

Also, when Knology was here we had 8Mbps upload I believe, why did WOW have to decrease that?

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by kellodl:

Also, when Knology was here we had 8Mbps upload I believe, why did WOW have to decrease that?

I think you're mistaken on the upload speed. 5Mbps up is the most I've seen offered and that was only after the DOCSIS 3 upgrade.
Lark3po

Lark3po to kellodl

Premium Member

to kellodl
In regards to your first post, that looks to me like a pretty good deal. I'm not sure what I pay for internet as I have TV service too (they love to hide the true cost of any one service) and my bill is around $140 a month.
garfield
join:2011-03-12
Columbus, GA

garfield to kellodl

to kellodl
Not sure what my rated service is but I pay $51/month for what usually tests at 30/6 (nothing bundled with it). Looks like you have a good price
cwcjr
join:2002-08-02
Huntsville, AL
·Knology
TP-Link Archer AX3200
ARRIS SB8200
Netgear WNDR3800

cwcjr to kellodl

to kellodl
If you are on the west side of Madison County, you're getting the shaft. They are trying to service too many with only one digital node (may have it up to two now). Prime time service (paying for 25/5) is often only 0.5/0.8. Yep, upload is faster than down! if you are accessing anything NOT on a WOW/Knology server. They only accept speed complaints from speedtest.knology.net that NEVER leaves their own network.

They are too busy converting to full digital cable to pay attention to the internet service problems. In addition to the poor internet performance, I have digital dropouts on ALL channels and some are unviewable during primetime. They have been out 5 times confirming the installation is correct and up to snuff. Every service tech confirms the above overloading as the problem.

mwoodj
join:2001-10-27
Madison, AL

mwoodj to kellodl

to kellodl
I would have an incredibly hard time recommending WOW internet service right now. They took Knology's solid and reliable service and turned it into garbage. In Madison I'm getting SICK of the service going out. They are still doing upgrades supposedly. They have been saying that since they first took over. I have not seen anything beneficial from these "upgrades" yet. All I've seen is less reliable service that chokes during peak hours. I'm on my last thread!

Rusty
@adtran.com

Rusty to cwcjr

Anon

to cwcjr
said by cwcjr:

If you are on the west side of Madison County, you're getting the shaft...

Not necessarily. I'm in the Walden subdiv. No video dropouts. Usenet downloads peg at a constant 25Mbps...for hours or even days of continuous download. It's been years since I've seen anything less than 25M. Not uncommon to have 3 simultaneous HD videos playing (netflix, prime)...no dropouts or quality loss.

Only complaints I have are the local HD channels have compression artifacts and no Cartoon Network HD.
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved to Lark3po

to Lark3po
My internet, phone and TV is $85 alone. Not including the HD-DVR rental fee and the modem rental fee and the sports package or the $10 in taxes. Which pushes it to $133 a month. The bill used to show a break down of the charges for TV, phone and internet. Now it's all just lumped together, which is where I arrived at the $85 for just the three services alone before taxes.