uniqs
share rss forum feed

Fickey
Terrorists target your backbone

join:2004-05-31

1 recommendation

reply to dp

Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification - March 6, 2014

Always nice to have a heads-up, thanks. BTW, this appeared today for XP as "High Priority", apparently a nag/popup about EOL for XP:
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2934207
I guess it's good for those who've had their head in the sand, but seems pretty useless to me.
--
Government controlled healthcare? Name one thing government does efficiently and effectively! -sig since 2009

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

1 recommendation

This should help
»Re: xp patches?

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3
reply to Fickey
Click for full size
said by Fickey:

Always nice to have a heads-up, thanks. BTW, this appeared today for XP as "High Priority", apparently a nag/popup about EOL for XP:
»support.microsoft.com/kb/2934207
I guess it's good for those who've had their head in the sand, but seems pretty useless to me.

At least it can be removed for those who want to stop being nagged about it.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
MS will find others ways to enforce XP users to stop running the OS.
Removing a nagging KB might be a good stop gap measure but the EOL is written.

--
Affluenza, a portmanteau of affluence and influenza, is a term used by critics of consumerism.
The book Affluenza: The All-Consuming Epidemic defines it as "a painful, contagious, socially transmitted condition of overload, debt, anxiety and waste resulting from the dogged pursuit of more"

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Well, Microsoft tried asking folks like us to get all our friends to upgrade from XP to Windows 8. That backfired royally. Microsoft hasn't a clue as to why folks are still using XP just as it had not a clue that Windows 8 technically oriented users would resent the hell out of Microsoft for trying to recruit them to get XP "clueless" users to upgrade to Windows 8.

»hothardware.com/News/Microsofts-···enefits/
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

ltsnow
Premium
join:2006-04-08
Valdosta, GA
kudos:1

1 recommendation

Very good article. Thanks Mele20.

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:2

2 recommendations

reply to Mele20
said by Mele20:

Well, Microsoft tried asking folks like us to get all our friends to upgrade from XP to Windows 8.

Nope, won't do it. That said I'm prepared for April 8th. I have a fire extinguisher next to my WinXP SP3 box just in case it bursts into flames. Also I've put read-only attributes on all my WinXP VM's so they don't delete themselves

Hopefully I'm not underestimating the seriousness of Microsoft ending XP support and my house won't burn down, my car won't blow up, and everyone I know won't get the plague and die a horrible death.

I guess I can buy an Win8 machine should any of the above happen.
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

I needed a good laugh!

My XP Pro SP 2 computer is fine. And I have never gotten any notice from Microsoft about support ending for it which happened several years ago.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson