All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
InTheKnow
join:2013-12-17

InTheKnow

[CATV] Showtime Anywhere

March 5, 2014, Charter will introduce Showtime Anytime content to our Charter TV On The Go product suite
DigitalManny
join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

Yep I just read about it they are still trying to fix the log in issue can not log in tells me I need to subscribe to Showtime when I am already. Now how about HBO Go for Apple TV and the guide update for CISCO DVRs in SoCal area promised since last month, hmmm....
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow
Yeah, got the e-mail about this, even though I am not a showtime subscriber. They have the info on everyone's account, so, why bother sending e-mail about something I could care less about ?

I rather see e-mails that actually apply to me, like future upgrades in my area.

That is what WeWantToKnow
InTheKnow

InTheKnow to DigitalManny

to DigitalManny
said by DigitalManny:

guide update for CISCO DVRs in SoCal area

The Guide is in BETA test, SoCal is not the only area with SA/CISCO converters, the guide will cover all platforms on both Moto and CISCO it is a cloud based soution with all the data remotely stored at the Head End, you will interact with still mpeg. images. So it is fairly complex, would you rather have a guide that works but is a little outdated or one that looks great but has a ton of bugs? I'll wait for the bug free version. meanwhile i can use the new guide via the Charter app on my IPAD and it is interactive with my DVRs as long as i am in my LAN. If i'm away from home i still can program dvr to record my programs.
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

said by InTheKnow:

said by DigitalManny:

guide update for CISCO DVRs in SoCal area

The Guide is in BETA test, SoCal is not the only area with SA/CISCO converters, the guide will cover all platforms on both Moto and CISCO it is a cloud based soution with all the data remotely stored at the Head End, you will interact with still mpeg. images. So it is fairly complex, would you rather have a guide that works but is a little outdated or one that looks great but has a ton of bugs? I'll wait for the bug free version. meanwhile i can use the new guide via the Charter app on my IPAD and it is interactive with my DVRs as long as i am in my LAN. If i'm away from home i still can program dvr to record my programs.

Not the cloud guide the Passport one that is showing up on Charter's Youtube where you can auto tune your lower channels to HD instead. In my area we were suppose to get the Passport guide 4 years ago but we never did instead we still got that crappy SA Guide.

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow
Press Release here: »www.prnewswire.com/news- ··· 021.html
InTheKnow

InTheKnow to DigitalManny

to DigitalManny
The Auto Tune feature will be officially launched with Spectrum. so when your area goes all digital and the 60Mbps upgrade is complete.
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

said by InTheKnow:

The Auto Tune feature will be officially launched with Spectrum. so when your area goes all digital and the 60Mbps upgrade is complete.

Oh okay see this is not explained anywhere I would have known that even on Charter website about Charter Spectrum the explanation of what to expect is not explained very well, such as about what will be Grandfathered as in your bill or your internet speed where you will not get a download speed of 60 and not sure what they mean by upgrade. I already get everything from Charter such as every cable channel and internet 30 download but not the land line phone service since I have no need for it.

And as for Charter Spectrum in my area most likely during summer or end of the year I doubt it will be sooner even though Charter is huge in my area.
jamiers
join:2004-08-22
Ashford, CT

jamiers to DigitalManny

to DigitalManny
Trying to get this back on topic... I tried to login to Showtime Anytime last night and could get through the Charter login process... but when it passed the information back to Showtime, it said I wasn't a subscriber to Showtime.... but I am. Has anyone else gotten through yet?

Thanks!

Jamie

Stacy3460
@myvzw.com

Stacy3460

Anon

Cannot connect. I'm a subscriber. I called and they said its a known issue and there is a ticket out.

oneoone
join:2010-01-20
North Hollywood, CA

oneoone to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow
Works fine for me, login with the inf you use to login in on the Charter app (not the loving for your account on charter.com).
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny to jamiers

to jamiers
said by jamiers:

Trying to get this back on topic... I tried to login to Showtime Anytime last night and could get through the Charter login process... but when it passed the information back to Showtime, it said I wasn't a subscriber to Showtime.... but I am. Has anyone else gotten through yet?

Thanks!

Jamie

Nope still getting that message Charter on twitter people have complained and said since Wednesday they are working on it to fix it and still no fix. I am also subscribed to showtime.
DigitalManny

DigitalManny to oneoone

to oneoone
said by oneoone:

Works fine for me, login with the inf you use to login in on the Charter app (not the loving for your account on charter.com).

Yes I know that and others also know we are not dumb but it still does not work I still get the message saying I need to subscribe to Showtime. When I am also signing into the Charter App too same issue that keeps telling me to upgrade when I have everything they offer clearly their tech team are bunch of idiots as always.
jamiers
join:2004-08-22
Ashford, CT

jamiers

Trying to get this post back on topic.... I tried again last night with the Showtime Anytime App on iOS. Wasn't able to get verified (although Charter's login seemed to work). Has anyone else got it to work?

Jamie

oneoone
join:2010-01-20
North Hollywood, CA

oneoone to DigitalManny

to DigitalManny
My bad, have you called Charter about the Charter app issue?
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

said by oneoone:

My bad, have you called Charter about the Charter app issue?

Yep I have I chatted with them online for an hour I even called them and told them the problem and still they can not find the solution and I just got the latest version updated no changes. The first version of the Charter app that was released had zero issues.
DigitalManny

DigitalManny to jamiers

to jamiers
said by jamiers:

Trying to get this post back on topic.... I tried again last night with the Showtime Anytime App on iOS. Wasn't able to get verified (although Charter's login seemed to work). Has anyone else got it to work?

Jamie

Yep same issue on the iOS and through my Mac or PC.

CoolMan
Maryville, TN
ARRIS BGW210-700
Netgear R7000

CoolMan to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow
I really like the Roku app, it works excellent for me however I authenticate with DirecTV with the bandwidth going over Charter Internet.

For those having trouble I do remember one thing when I was attempting to access the EPIXHD.com content that's included with the Internet, you had to have a @charter.net email address setup (even if you do not plan to use it) and login with that each time for EPIX; anyway it might be the same issue here for those having issues with SHO Anytime. You can create one at »www.myaccount.charter.com (Online Tools > Email > Add New Email) and make sure it's the Head of Household email account (if you have multiples) that you use to login to SHO Anytime.

Doc Casualty
join:2005-02-06
Harbor Springs, MI

Doc Casualty

said by CoolMan:

you had to have a @charter.net email address setup (even if you do not plan to use it) and login with that each time for EPIX; anyway it might be the same issue here for those having issues with SHO Anytime.

No, the problem exists despite signing in with the appropriate email account.

CoolMan
Maryville, TN

CoolMan

Okay, I just thought I would throw that out as a possibility. Thanks for confirming, sounds like its definitely a Charter issue for sure.
met_fan
join:2010-08-08
Easthampton, MA

met_fan to jamiers

to jamiers
Works for me as of yesterday. Doubt I'll ever use it though until they allow Airplay on it. When I also tried it out on my Mac, the video resolution kind of looked like crap, too. Certainly not what HBO Go or Netflix look like.
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow
Still says I am not subscribed to Showtime WTF?

wizkid6
join:2002-03-31
Opelika, AL

wizkid6

said by DigitalManny:

Still says I am not subscribed to Showtime WTF?

Same here. I too have posted a thread.

Do you get the same error message as listed in the above linked thread?
DigitalManny
Glendale, CA

to InTheKnow
LOL now getting Internal Errors when I am trying to log in fucking Charter they are a joke their tech team fails big time but we have no choice since no other cable company can move in our area they must block a acre of a area.
DigitalManny

to InTheKnow
Okay it is finally working and wow the streaming quality is a joke compared to Epix, Cinemax Go and HBO Go. You have to also install some other plugin to stream on your Mac or PC I guess they are supposedly streaming HTML I doubt it since quality fails and barely anything is on showtime anytime benefit is for series.

I am still trying to remember the last time I saw any good movies on Showtime it least Django is coming on April 9 and the same with Starz. I remember the days when Starz also had Anime movies like Vampire Hunter D, so much has changed.