All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
caps620
join:2009-01-18
Central NJ

caps620

[Pricing] AT&T's $160 Deal ..... will VZW follow??

I haven't look at the details of this just keep seeing the commercials for the AT&T 4 phone, $160, 10 GB plan with unlimited calling and texts ........... do you think Verizon will follow ?? If I select an equivalent VZW plan as a new customer the price is $260 before other taxes and fees.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

this is why I am moving to AT&T in a year. Amazing deal and I will be savings 160$ monthly on my 6 lines.

Verizon still has 1 year to keep my account as a customer that is 4980$ a year.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24

I am in same boat. If verizon doesn't have a similar plan when my contract is up in 3 months, hello ATT. Verizon has better coverage but that amount of savings I can't ignore. Plus, att doesn't cripple their phones like Verizon does (iphone being the exception because of Apple's rules)

Mr Guy
@charter.com

Mr Guy

Anon

said by kevnich24:

I am in same boat. If verizon doesn't have a similar plan when my contract is up in 3 months, hello ATT.

except they do. People don't take into account with at&t's plan you have to pay full price for the phones upfront or be on their Next plan which you pay full price over 20 or 26 months. Verizon has a similar plan with their Edge plans which is $180 a month for 4 phones and 10 GB. Compared to at&t's plan which is $160. Of course if you want to upgrade within 12 months on at&t you have to be on the 20 month payment and in that case the phones are $5 more per month than Verizon so in the end it's the same price.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by Mr Guy :

said by kevnich24:

I am in same boat. If verizon doesn't have a similar plan when my contract is up in 3 months, hello ATT.

except they do. People don't take into account with at&t's plan you have to pay full price for the phones upfront or be on their Next plan which you pay full price over 20 or 26 months. Verizon has a similar plan with their Edge plans which is $180 a month for 4 phones and 10 GB. Compared to at&t's plan which is $160. Of course if you want to upgrade within 12 months on at&t you have to be on the 20 month payment and in that case the phones are $5 more per month than Verizon so in the end it's the same price.

You forgot to mention Verizon Edge discounts goes away right after you pay off the phone , with AT&T it stays there no matter what or you can bring in your own phone.

In my case I have 5S which will work with AT&T LTE.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to Mr Guy

to Mr Guy
No, verizon does not have a share everything plan with 10gb where the device cost is 15/month if you byod or pay it off. With the AT&T, if you buy subsidized, once paid off that's it.

HarryTorres
Harry Torres
Premium Member
join:2001-11-21
Easton, PA

HarryTorres

Premium Member

said by kevnich24:

No, verizon does not have a share everything plan with 10gb where the device cost is 15/month if you byod or pay it off. With the AT&T, if you buy subsidized, once paid off that's it.

I just switched over to ATT as this deal came about almost the same time as my VZ contract was up.