join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny to InTheKnow

to InTheKnow

Re: [CATV] Showtime Anywhere

said by InTheKnow:

said by DigitalManny:

guide update for CISCO DVRs in SoCal area

The Guide is in BETA test, SoCal is not the only area with SA/CISCO converters, the guide will cover all platforms on both Moto and CISCO it is a cloud based soution with all the data remotely stored at the Head End, you will interact with still mpeg. images. So it is fairly complex, would you rather have a guide that works but is a little outdated or one that looks great but has a ton of bugs? I'll wait for the bug free version. meanwhile i can use the new guide via the Charter app on my IPAD and it is interactive with my DVRs as long as i am in my LAN. If i'm away from home i still can program dvr to record my programs.

Not the cloud guide the Passport one that is showing up on Charter's Youtube where you can auto tune your lower channels to HD instead. In my area we were suppose to get the Passport guide 4 years ago but we never did instead we still got that crappy SA Guide.
InTheKnow
join:2013-12-17

InTheKnow

The Auto Tune feature will be officially launched with Spectrum. so when your area goes all digital and the 60Mbps upgrade is complete.
DigitalManny
join:2014-01-08
Glendale, CA

DigitalManny

said by InTheKnow:

The Auto Tune feature will be officially launched with Spectrum. so when your area goes all digital and the 60Mbps upgrade is complete.

Oh okay see this is not explained anywhere I would have known that even on Charter website about Charter Spectrum the explanation of what to expect is not explained very well, such as about what will be Grandfathered as in your bill or your internet speed where you will not get a download speed of 60 and not sure what they mean by upgrade. I already get everything from Charter such as every cable channel and internet 30 download but not the land line phone service since I have no need for it.

And as for Charter Spectrum in my area most likely during summer or end of the year I doubt it will be sooner even though Charter is huge in my area.