MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to ilikeme

MVM

to ilikeme

Re: [Electrical] Locking a plug into a socket

said by ilikeme:

and not responding to resident calls, especially overnight.

Surprise, surprise - of course they don't respond ! They turn off ALL of the resident's call devices !
Mr Matt
join:2008-01-29
Eustis, FL

Mr Matt

said by Hall:

Surprise, surprise - of course they don't respond ! They turn off ALL of the resident's call devices !

My parents had a close friend that died as a result of nursing staff negligence and failure to respond promptly. He was on a diuretic and was in the hospital for tests. He complained to his wife that the nursing staff did not respond quickly when he pressed the call button to be helped to the bathroom, so he went to the bathroom without assistance. The next night a nurse criticized him in front of his wife for not waiting for a staff member to assist him to go to the bathroom. That night a nurse put the side rails up to prevent him from going to the bathroom with out assistance. The other patient in the room reported that no one responded when he activated the nurse call. He finally was unable to wait, tried to climb over the rail, fell, fractured his skull and died. Of course there was a lawsuit, investigation and damage award to his wife all because of the nursing staffs negligence.

ilikeme
Premium Member
join:2002-08-27
Stafford, TX

ilikeme to Hall

Premium Member

to Hall
said by Hall:

said by ilikeme:

and not responding to resident calls, especially overnight.

No kidding. I wouldn't be surprised if the call device issue was actually part of the problem that got reported to the state. My mom told me they did install some sort of "metal device" over the outlet today and that you now have to have a screwdriver to remove the plugs. I have not seen it yet but will get a pic when I do.