joewho
Premium
join:2004-08-20
Dundee, IL
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Boricua

Re: [Appliances] Moldy Washer Cases Can Proceed as Top Court Rebuffs Whirlpool

I wonder why this problem is so prevalent in front loaders and not top loaders? We also have LG front loader, my wife used to do a load and just leave it. Until the smell started. I wear enough white to use bleach and hot water, then leave the door open. It only took about a month of bitching to get my wife to take the laundry out and leave the door open. Bleach works as well as other products, I used the tide product that cleans the washer. Also, we have a black lab, washer is usually full of hair on the rubber seal. Sometimes it simply boils down to grabbing a wet rag and actually touching it.
--

we're all connected

towerdave

join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

1 recommendation

said by joewho:

I wonder why this problem is so prevalent in front loaders and not top loaders?

Front loader has a sealed door, so if you close it all the way, there is no place for the moisture to go. Top loader doesn't seal when you close the lid, so the moisture can get out. And if you leave the lid open, it's not as likely to be in the way.

TD

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
said by towerdave:

Front loader has a sealed door, so if you close it all the way, there is no place for the moisture to go. Top loader doesn't seal when you close the lid, so the moisture can get out. And if you leave the lid open, it's not as likely to be in the way.

TD

I have a top-loader Samsung and make sure to leave the lid open. I've told my roommates to leave it open as well, and the instructions did say so.
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben

intok

join:2012-03-15
reply to joewho
said by joewho:

I wonder why this problem is so prevalent in front loaders and not top loaders?

The door on the front loaders has an air/water tight seal when shut preventing it from drying out.

Top loaders, least the ones I've used, are neither air, nor water tight, but are instead just metal lids to prevent thingsw from getting out/falling in while it's on and thus allow them to dry out even if left shut when not in use.
--
You think theres no games for Linux? »desura.com »gameolith.com »humblebundle.com »playdeb.net »ubuntuvibes.com

Check out »youtube.com/user/TheBigPictureRT/videos »freespeech.org and »democracynow.org