exocet_cm

Premium Member

[Game] Any DayZ players?

Anybody on DayZ?

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

I play Standalone when I can. Tired of the desynching issues. Extremely annoying, especially when you're getting hit by zombies that haven't materialized. I wish they would fix the invisible objects you hit when shooting through windows or on a hill. Still pretty fun and I haven't played a game that really gets your heart pumping on firearm encounters like DayZ.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
join:2003-03-23
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

YHPM
exocet_cm

exocet_cm

Premium Member

There are a few of us office mates that play after work on a regular basis. Looking for some more folks to raid, scavenge, explore, and defend (the PVP is insane).

Drex
Beer...The other white meat.
Premium Member
join:2000-02-24
Not There

Drex

Premium Member

Is this the one in Alpha/Beta or the old one that's rife with exploits and such?
I tried playing the one that was tied to Arma, but got very frustrated when someone would drop in and crash the server.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

This is the overly-priced alpha release.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

$30 for an Alpha?

It's an alpha. Retail is probably $60

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron

Premium Member

said by Mike:

Retail is probably $60

This isn't a dig at DayZ, but most people that had the mod (eg: prospective buyers) probably bought into the alpha at $30, so I highly doubt this game will ever have a justification to be sold at $60.

exocet_cm
Writing
Premium Member
Brooklyn, NY

exocet_cm

Premium Member

It's fun for the stage of development that it is in now. The three of us got into a firefight last night with four guys. Each side lost one player.

The human element is scarier than the rest of the game IMO.
Dauntae
join:2014-03-09
New Bedford, MA

Dauntae to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
I've been watching this game and waiting for the full release of it beyond the beta but it looks like it is now going to remain just the mod for the base game. Might have to get the game then the mod but it looks like a fun survival/zombie killer game.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to exocet_cm

to exocet_cm
Was just on yesterday actually. Been playing since early mod. I'd be interested in finding a group to hang out with.
Raible

Raible to Mike

to Mike
said by Mike:

$30 for an Alpha?

Dean said it would be $15.