how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

NBtX

join:2008-12-09
canada

Changing to Business Package

So I called customer service today to switch to a business plan, but apparently their commercial support is only open during regular business hours? You would think as a business customer you would get more support times than a residential one. Is this something I can expect constantly from switching to the business plan? What has everyone else's experience been when switching to the business? Why isn't it as easy as just changing the plan on the account? Nothing is ever simple anymore.

cavan
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Cobourg, ON
I recently made this change. I have actually relocated my business from our office in Scarborough to my home in Cobourg. The change required opening a Business account and cancelling the residential service -- I made sure not to cancel residential before the business service was up and running.

As far a support, it's not unusual for business support to operate fewer hours than residential. Rogers Wireless was/is? the same way. I guess these companies haven't realized that some of their business customers are required to operate 24/7. We aren't one of them but, because we have customers in the UK and on the west coast, we answer the phones from 3am - 9pm EST. It would be great if our suppliers covered the same hours.

NBtX

canada
reply to NBtX
If I only want the internet under the business, and the TV to remain under residential, is this possible? Would this affect bundling? Would it all stay on one bill? All I want is to use the business 28 plan, this seems overly complicated to do that.

cavan
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Cobourg, ON
Yes, you can have Business Internet while maintaining residential TV. They will be billed separately by the Business and Residential sides of Cogeco. My TV rate did not change when I made the switch.

M in Cobourg

@cgocable.net
It's the Internet account that gets the bundling discount; you probably wouldn't get it with the business account.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to NBtX
said by NBtX:

You would think as a business customer you would get more support times than a residential one.

Both business and residential support is always available, 24/7.

What you're looking for is sales, the hours of which are posted here: »www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/resident···hone.php

You can have both a residential and business account at two addresses but you can't migrate a residential account to a business account since these aspects of Cogeco are 'two different companies' in a billing kind of way.

Probably be easiest to schedule the business account installation at the last day of the residential billing cycle and cancel the residential in advance for that cycle.

NBtX

canada
I just called and moved everything over, it was painless, and the business takes over by the end of today automatically without me doing anything else! Much easier than I was expecting. thanks for the info on here everyone who replied.

reboot

@cogeco.net
Do not forget that your Cogeco email will change from .ca to .net , if you use it at all.

urbanriot
Premium
join:2004-10-18
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Cogeco Cable
reply to NBtX
said by NBtX:

I just called and moved everything over, it was painless, and the business takes over by the end of today automatically without me doing anything else! Much easier than I was expecting. thanks for the info on here everyone who replied.

Were you able to do this with one call to business? I'd be interested to hear more as I've not heard it was so easy from friends that did this, typically it involved two calls.

NBtX

canada

1 recommendation

Yup, one call, everything was set to switch over by the end of the day, and separate billing would start. Maybe a lot of more people are switching over lately so they simplified it.