share rss forum feed

baysoor

join:2002-03-12
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 edit

Fixed -Slow upload on homeportal 1000sw

I complained to my ISP and they fixed the issue.

Thanks for all the replies.
Now I am getting 1.72 Mb download for 2 Mb advertised and 0.78 Mb for 512 Kb upload.
Although modem shows synch at 1024k kbps, real upload speed is always around 20 kbps. What could be the problem? Here are the modem anc connection details.
-------------------------------
HomePortal 1000SW
Software: 3.5.11
DSL Connection Details
DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT
Downstream Rate: 2048 kbps
Upstream Rate: 1024 kbps
Channel: Interleaved
Current Noise Margin: 11.0 dB (Downstream), 12.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 26.0 dB (Downstream), 17.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 8.8 dB (Downstream), 3.9 dB (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {B5} Vendor: {BDCM} Specific: {A161}
PVC Info: 0/32

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
kudos:7
Reviews:
·PenTeleData
·Verizon Online DSL

Re: Slow upload on homeportal 1000sw

#1 Is your computer connected to a RJ-45 WAN port router?

#2 If your computer is connected to a RJ-45 WAN port router: What is the brand and model of it?

#3 If your computer is not connected to a RJ-45 WAN port router, how is it connected to this modem?

#4 When you did the speed test...

a) No one was using the connection?

b) That was the only thing that you where doing? For example, you were not using uTorrent?
--
Please use the "yellow (IM) envelope" to contact me and please leave the URL intact.

baysoor

join:2002-03-12
San Jose, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast

#1 NO.
#2  Zyxel wireless with latest firmware used as AP only.
#4 yes, only one browser window open. No other apps running. No other user on the network in the home.

I am more interested in knowing about DSL readings that I posted. LAN side is perfectly fine.

I do see that it is using interleaved mode. That means more error correction. I does introduce more overhead to the packets. But is the overhead supposed to be this high?

bbear2
Premium
join:2003-10-06
kudos:5

2 recommendations

said by baysoor:

I am more interested in knowing about DSL readings that I posted. LAN side is perfectly fine.

The numbers your posted from your modem are very respectable and unlikely the cause of your slow speeds.

said by baysoor:

I do see that it is using interleaved mode. That means more error correction. I does introduce more overhead to the packets. But is the overhead supposed to be this high?

No.

Is the system your running the speed test on and the wireless connection capable of supporting more? I would recommend connecting hardwire to the 1000 and rerun the exact same tests changing nothing else.

When you say upload speeds are 20Kbps, what tool are you using to measure that?

I would also like you to try this speed test and post results from it: »www.speakeasy.net/speedtest