All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Bob Anderson
join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson

[TV] Three blocked channels

I moved into a high rise apt. building about six weeks ago only to discover that three TV networks were unavailable: OWN, HMUCH, and W HD. A Rogers tech came and explained that the building's video security system was interfering with these three channels. Tech call cost me about $57. Has anybody else encountered this interference problem with a video security system?

-Bob
hosedagain3
join:2008-02-18
Canada

hosedagain3

Why were you charged $57? My cousin who lived in a condo in Burlington couldn't get Hamilton very clearly, snowy, Cogico told her there was nothing they could do, no idea of the reason.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Rogers charges when the cause issue is not their fault. In this case it is neither Rogers or the customer's fault. OP should call back and dispute the charge.

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth to Bob Anderson

to Bob Anderson
said by Bob Anderson:

building's video security system was interfering with these three channels.

Well at least you get to see building security cam pr0n for free, if you have the right equipment or on your cable tv.

Lobby watch camera channel?
?some channels on 998, 859, 59?

The building security cam, if wired into the cable tv system, can kill a couple of channels depending on conflicting frequencies.
Bob Anderson
join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson

The lobby channel is 998. The $57 includes tax. When the tech arrived he phoned another tech and got the answer, so they did provide a service. True, it wasn't my fault or Rogers. If anyone, it is the building management who made no mention that there is a lobby channel and that it would interfere with the three networks I mentioned. As far as OWN is concerned, I can still see it in SD on channel 72. I never watch HMUCH. W HD does have some good programs but I can live without them.

-Bob
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Bob Anderson

to Bob Anderson
Simply call and argue the charge.. This is a case that it's not an issue with your equipment but actually the buildings contract with rogers, who setup the security camera system interface in the first place. This is not your fault, it's an issue with the building/system and you should not be charged. If it's an known issue, then Rogers should have a note in their system about it to avoid any unnecessary truck rolls for this.

I think Rogers needs to fix the issue or waive the fee.

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka

Exactly the Rogers rep should have known about lobby cameras before sending a truck.