how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Wyldfox

join:2002-01-26
Milford, CT

[iO] Guide Outage

Anyone notice the guide has been out (no data) and an error message has been out since the middle of the night? No setting the DVR.

Oceanside426

join:2012-07-15
Oceanside, NY
Same... I thought this was going to be a problem a few days ago when I tried to change the date of the guide to 3/9 and all it did was say there was no data... it was a hint of things to come. Now theres a major outage no guide at all.

Wyldfox

Milford, CT
It's been a lot of hours already.

Wyldfox

Milford, CT
reply to Oceanside426
Just tried channel surfing. The error message about the guide comes up on every channel and then goes off.

Cur Mudgeon

@optonline.net
Probably Cablevision didn't make the jump to daylight savings time.

RickNY
Premium
join:2000-11-02
Farmingville, NY
reply to Wyldfox
There is a notice on their webpage that guide data is unavailable for SA boxes.

»www.optimum.net/support/notifica···id=47911

disy

join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT
reply to Wyldfox
it's pretty annoying while flipping stations and not being able to record is also annoying

Wyldfox

Milford, CT
You can set your DVR from their website.

CC Stat

@optonline.net
reply to disy
Yeah, guide still out at 1:55pm.

Even reset the box about an hour ago, that didn't help. (yes I know about the news on their website regarding the problem & that they are aware of it) I figured I still give it try anyway. Agree with the annoyance of every channel flip an error comes up.

I wonder if (the on board) DVR's will record any scheduled recordings during the guide outage?

I'm pretty sure the DVR+ system would ... or would it?

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
scheduled recordings prior to the outage (series recording) and manual recordings are not affected - SA8300HD

disy

join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT
reply to Wyldfox
it's not working for me, i can see the guide but as soon as i click on a program, it comes up blank - i'll try again in a little bit

CC Stat

@optonline.net
reply to IllIlIlllIll
Yes that would be pretty obvious. Any recordings prior to the guide outage would be intact.

Was talking about recording during the guide outage. That was pretty clear in my post.

Update: Guide still is out at 2:35 pm.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Wyldfox
Please be advised we're aware TV program guide data is currently unavailable on Scientific Atlanta digital cable boxes and are working quickly to resolve the issue. TV program guide data can be found at »www.optimum.net/tv/guide/ and through the Optimum App. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
reply to CC Stat
said by CC Stat :

Yes that would be pretty obvious. Any recordings prior to the guide outage would be intact.

Was talking about recording during the guide outage. That was pretty clear in my post.

Update: Guide still is out at 2:35 pm.

well, excuse me then.
next time ill rephrase my post to include the following so i am clear with my intentions:
"aside from the current issues, scheduled recordings prior to the outage (series recording) and manual recordings are not affected - SA8300HD"
because it may not be so obvious to others as it is to you:
said by CC Stat :

"I wonder if (the on board) DVR's will record any scheduled recordings during the guide outage?"

to answer your question (as i did), scheduled recordings (series up to a certain date) are not affected.
future (series recordings past a certain date) are affected, obviously because there is no guide data.
as an example, i have a series scheduled recording for "Cops" on Spike (41).
the scheduled recordings are still intact up to 3/14.
if the outage continues for a few days, future series recordings will not be scheduled to record unless i manually enter them.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata

AndrewBruns

@optonline.net
Same outage here, been going on since last night.. this on top of the *constant* digital distortion, pixelation, and screen stuttering over the last few months and it's getting completely unwatchable. Just now I noticed that if I even touch the HDMI connection on the back of the box, I mean with the slightest press, the screen goes completely blue.

dm145

join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
said by AndrewBruns :

Same outage here, been going on since last night.. this on top of the *constant* digital distortion, pixelation, and screen stuttering over the last few months and it's getting completely unwatchable. Just now I noticed that if I even touch the HDMI connection on the back of the box, I mean with the slightest press, the screen goes completely blue.

Separate issues. You need to replace box and call for service if not resolved.

Fallen_Anjel

join:2011-04-07
Rocky Point, NY
reply to Wyldfox
OMG, we might have to use THIS!

LOL

tvfan26

join:2013-12-29
Howell, NJ
reply to Wyldfox
Just got an automated call from them. They are working on the issue.
Estimated time when it will be fixed: 9pm

dtremain

join:2007-02-15
Florham Park, NJ
Yes. They have 9:00 on the web page as well. Given that, even if they reach that goal, this will have been well over at least 14 hours, and given the very large percentage of customers they are annoying and/or confusing right now, I think they really need to be a whole lot more careful in the future.

Up until now, I've been pretty happy, but this is a big bad mark.

Jmartz

join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

2 recommendations

reply to Wyldfox
My Tivo is fine. It's pathetic that Cablevision can not get their crap together with regards to their guide data and overall software. I mean, seriously... they REBRAND their service to a new name and then release software using the OLD logos. It's no wonder they are hurting financially. Whoever is in charge over there needs a spanking.

JohnILM
Mayhem til the AM
Premium
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY
Is it back for anyone? Did you have to reboot? I still don't have the guide.

northnjcail

@optonline.net
This is absurd. My bill should be pro rated. 9:50

Cur Mudgeon

@optonline.net
reply to tvfan26
said by tvfan26:

Har Har.

Gemstone
Premium
join:2000-12-20
Long Island
said by Cur Mudgeon :

said by tvfan26:

Har Har.

9PM of what day?
--
Go Mark Martin!

Gts

@optonline.net
10:07pm and still having the issue, first noticed it around 10am this morning.. Very annoying

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
reply to Jmartz
Please be advised we're aware guide data is currently unavailable on Scientific Atlanta digital cable boxes. The guide data is in the process of being restored and will be fully restored for tomorrow's programming.

»www.optimum.net/support/notifica···id=47911

Went from 9 PM to sometime overnight It seems. Definitely we should all call and get a credit at the least.

CC Stat

@amazonaws.com
reply to Gemstone
Update:

Still no guide info, it's 10:15pm. To be fair, they did it "shortly after 9:00pm" Hopefully before midnight it will be fixed.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online
reply to Wyldfox
New update on the OOL site.

It now says " fully restored for tomorrow's programming". No idea if they mean the guide will be restored overnight, or sometime tomorrow. Since all of our boxes have had serious problems in downloading new guide content ongoing for several months, whereby late at night we typically will lose the guide content on 2 out of 3 boxes, as well as the Optimum app on 2 devices, I have little confidence in seeing the guide restored.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to kickass69
go ahead and try, but I doubt you'll get a credit for the guide being missing. Your cable service itself is still working.

mrbun

join:2004-10-13
USA
reply to Wyldfox
I pay $10.95 per month (plus tax) for DVR Service, which has now been crippled for 24 hours.

It's not an "inconvenience", it's a violation of a legal contract, once again.

Guide available on the internet? Will CV provide free internet access while the guide is down? My grandparents don't have or desire internet access. What about them?

No CBS for weeks in January. Did anyone get a refund? Neither did I. This was under their control and we should be compensated.

If I sent a note to CV with my bill saying "My funding sources are currently unavailable but I am working hard to restore them and your patience is appreciated." do you think they'd accept that? No, they would use the law against me and terminate my service quickly.

Small claims court?

Oh, but they have live chat 24/7 (UNLESS IT SNOWS) to make you feel better.