spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Mircea
@astral.ro

Mircea

Anon

[Wireless] EA2700 date of the entry in the device list

Hi, I'm using an EA2700 for my home wi-fi. Recently, and for the first time since I set-up my wi-fi one year ago, I accessed the device list in the Smart-Wi-Fi and I spotted in the list, a PC I don't recognize. The unknown PC appears as offline and as the logs option was not active I can't say anything about when or how many times it logged into the network. My question would be if there is a way to find-out when the entry for this PC was first created on the device list? The idea is that I was thinking the unknown PC might be from the vendor where I bought the router (they tested the router when they sold it to me). Knowing the date of the entry in the list would help to see if it fits the date I bought the router.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
mywisp
join:2014-03-17
United State

1 recommendation

mywisp

OK, based on the information here you're using a Linksys Smart Wifi EA2700. There's also the classic version of EA2700 that does not use the same "Device List" feature.

Anyway, I don't think you'll be able to find out when the PC first accessed or used the router, but you can most certainly remove it from the Device list and block it's MAC address, to prevent it from connecting again via your router.