All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dkwallis
join:2014-03-09

dkwallis

Arris DG860 keeps resetting its own wireless settings to default-Windows 7

I recently dropped the TV and phone but kept internet (15/5 pkg) on my WOW account. They gave me their Arris DG860 and I immediately bought the identical model off of eBay (slight variance on location of WPS button). I accessed the GUI via Chrome browser, 192.168.0.1/ (also tried IE 11) logged in via username: admin password: password. Then changed the wireless network name and the 'Pre-Shared Key. I then logged in all the various wireless devices (Samsung NoteII, Roku box, Chromecast, HP laptop) and all was great for a few days.

In the last week it has been dropping my settings and reverting back to factory settings (wireless network name is modem model number, password a variation on that). I've plugged mine back in each time but they just won't 'stick'. Tried rebooting, unplugging, etc. Nothing seems to work and there doesn't seem to be an additional option/click/step after doing my changes other than the 'apply' button.

I am not comfortable leaving the factory defaults as they are easily Googleable by any nosy/spongy neighbor or unmarked vans parked nearby.

Advice?