spc
uniqs

CC Stat
@optonline.net

CC Stat to EliteData

Anon

to EliteData

Re: [iO] Guide Outage

Yes that would be pretty obvious. Any recordings prior to the guide outage would be intact.

Was talking about recording during the guide outage. That was pretty clear in my post.

Update: Guide still is out at 2:35 pm.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by CC Stat :

Yes that would be pretty obvious. Any recordings prior to the guide outage would be intact.

Was talking about recording during the guide outage. That was pretty clear in my post.

Update: Guide still is out at 2:35 pm.

well, excuse me then.
next time ill rephrase my post to include the following so i am clear with my intentions:
"aside from the current issues, scheduled recordings prior to the outage (series recording) and manual recordings are not affected - SA8300HD"
because it may not be so obvious to others as it is to you:
said by CC Stat :

"I wonder if (the on board) DVR's will record any scheduled recordings during the guide outage?"

to answer your question (as i did), scheduled recordings (series up to a certain date) are not affected.
future (series recordings past a certain date) are affected, obviously because there is no guide data.
as an example, i have a series scheduled recording for "Cops" on Spike (41).
the scheduled recordings are still intact up to 3/14.
if the outage continues for a few days, future series recordings will not be scheduled to record unless i manually enter them.

AndrewBruns
@optonline.net

AndrewBruns

Anon

Same outage here, been going on since last night.. this on top of the *constant* digital distortion, pixelation, and screen stuttering over the last few months and it's getting completely unwatchable. Just now I noticed that if I even touch the HDMI connection on the back of the box, I mean with the slightest press, the screen goes completely blue.
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

said by AndrewBruns :

Same outage here, been going on since last night.. this on top of the *constant* digital distortion, pixelation, and screen stuttering over the last few months and it's getting completely unwatchable. Just now I noticed that if I even touch the HDMI connection on the back of the box, I mean with the slightest press, the screen goes completely blue.

Separate issues. You need to replace box and call for service if not resolved.