spc
Search similar:

uniqs

PixyIN
@107.212.38.x

PixyIN

Anon

Problems with registering a new MJ plus phone number.... Assigned WRONG CODE

I tried to complete the registering of a MJ plus yesterday via the www.mymajicjack.com but for some reason was assigned an area code over a half a dozen counties from where I live & will be using the unit. I have tried using the MJ live chat over a dozen times and I have yet to get the problem of MJ assigning a long distance area code to my account... either all my friends, family or business contacts will have to pay a long distance fee on land line or else I get extorted by MJ a fee of $10.00 to change a BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN USED ACCOUNT TO A LOCAL AREA CODE.

After posting my issues on the MJ facebook page »www.facebook.com/magicja ··· filter=2 ... I am seeing others this assigning a long distance area code to a BRAND NEW MJ ACCOUNTs. I would be interested in knowing how many others this is happening to and did you fall prey to MJ strong armmed attemp to extort additional fees?

PixyIN
rickbarnett
join:2005-09-24
Springfield, VA

rickbarnett

IIRC, at the time of registering a new MJ device, you are given a chance to exert some level of control over the area code and exchange to be used with your new account.

Are there actually numbers available thru YMAX that are local, non-toll calls for your area?

Too late now to cry because you didn't apply due diligence initially. Good luck in finding a local number for your friends but I suspect you'll need to pay, and pay, and pay to keep a different number.

Don't expect much pity from MJ

PixyIN
@107.212.38.x

PixyIN

Anon

IIRC... this was the second MJ I had bought and you were correct with my first MJ I was given the choice of three different local area coded number to choose from. This was over a year ago. I had bought the second MJ several months ago for my sister directly from the MJ company on line. I had only recently got around to registering the second MJ unit. The only thing was when I went through the registration process after I answered the questions on what additional options & fees I got dumped out of the registration process. Next thing I knew I had an email sent to me with the long distance area code. There was not given any chance to specify a local or long distance area code. MJ just assigned the long distance area code even though I provided my local zip code which at the very least MJ could have used to figure out what was my actual local area code. the way I see it if MJ doesn't address this issue in a timely manner I will be filing a complaint with the FCC for false advertisement since MJ stress the fact that it provides free LOCAL phone service. For me this was not the case.

PixyIN
SlowFreddy
join:2009-07-10
united state

SlowFreddy

The recipient is responsible for registering their (own) magicJack with their information. Each magicJack comes with its own telephone number and line. You can use multiple magicJacks behind the same router.(MagicJack Plus). Each member of your family may own their own magicJack and have their own personal telephone number. If your area code is not listed when you select a number, select any other number. You will be able to change to your local area code once it becomes available.