uniqs
share rss forum feed

DarkHelmet

join:2014-02-21
reply to Beezel

Re: [Appliances] Deep fryer advice for Fish

said by Beezel:

said by DannyZ:

This restaurant, opened in 1912, makes deep-fried burgers and has never changed the oil. I think I first heard about them on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

»www.dyersonbeale.com/

Hard to believe the Health Dept. didn't say anything.

They did but it was "Pass me another burger!".

In reality the oil is never changed but it's always used up and replaced by new oil so it's not really old.

"Truthfully, the method used to cook Dyer’s famous burgers produces new grease from the cooked burgers which is strained, sauteed and flavored every day."

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by DarkHelmet:

said by Beezel:

said by DannyZ:

This restaurant, opened in 1912, makes deep-fried burgers and has never changed the oil. I think I first heard about them on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.

»www.dyersonbeale.com/

Hard to believe the Health Dept. didn't say anything.

They did but it was "Pass me another burger!".

In reality the oil is never changed but it's always used up and replaced by new oil so it's not really old.

"Truthfully, the method used to cook Dyer’s famous burgers produces new grease from the cooked burgers which is strained, sauteed and flavored every day."

Place i used to work we would strain the oil daily, but it was used over and over. We would cook bacon on sundays for the buffet in the deep fryer, so we actually used to toss a bit of the grease every week

intok

join:2012-03-15
said by telco_mtl:

We would cook bacon on sundays for the buffet in the deep fryer, so we actually used to toss a bit of the grease every week

I've always baked my bacon (thick cud peppered or double smoked applewood) on a wire rack and saved the drippings for making other things more awesome and for seasoning cast iron.

DannyZ
Gentoo Fanboy
Premium
join:2003-01-29
Erie, PA
bacon fat is liquid gold, you can never have enough of it!

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by DannyZ:

bacon fat is liquid gold, you can never have enough of it!

OT... sorry op, in 98 we had an ice storm and my neighborhood had no power for 5 days. My next door neighbor took his jar of bacon grease, put a string in it and used it as a candle... needless to say every time i walked into his house i got REALLY hungry

NS4683

join:2000-08-25
South Amboy, NJ
kudos:1
reply to IowaCowboy
Guess the OP disappeared.

DarkHelmet

join:2014-02-21
said by NS4683:

Guess the OP disappeared.

He's too busy eating the fish & chips he made from buying one of the suggestions above.