Search similar:

uniqs
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to sbrook

to sbrook

Re: JCN Telecom Is A Scam. Another Cable Gator / Go Cable / WestLink

"For more than 8 years, merging from JB Webs our firm has been delivering on our promise to provide unique designs..."

Sadly this new venture can actually be legit, somebody pays him to make them a webpage, and get a piece of crap in return for the insane amounts of $ he is asking for.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

The Unique designs ... hmmm Considering the only one I found with jbwebs was the patio store when all this was brewing in daze past ... I seriously doubt he has all that staff ... or that he has any "staff" at all. Or maybe he outsources like he tried with the call centre in India?

SamieJ
@174.114.112.x

SamieJ to sbrook

Anon

to sbrook
A lot of companies usually use the "suspended" message for everything. So it could just be for billing. I just figured he's tarnished that name already so then he switched to a different name. If his host really suspended him he should be able to just switch to another web hosting company unless something was done for the domain registrar level.

Anyways, my thread I created got closed so I figured It would be better for me to post it here.
----------------------
BEWARE of tigerwebs.net/westlinkcable.net/jbwebs.net

I found this thread here on dslreports "http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28546023-Westlinkcable.net-and-Westlink-Cable-is-a-scam" and the scammer is still up to no good and creating new aliases and websites. I'm sure a lot of you guys are already familiar with this guy.

I made this thread to share that his newest scam site is called "tigerwebs.net". I actually stumbled across this as the scammer had posted an ad on Kijiji about hiring a supervisor and customer service rep for the business.

I had went to the website and instantly noticed something was not right.. because they are a company that apparently provides SEO services (among other things like Web Hosting and Web Design). Yet, their website has no SEO optimization whatsoever. So after seeing that, I decided to do a whois lookup on the domain and noticed the domain was just registered 2 days before the ad on Kijiji was posted. That seemed very suspicious to me... like something was not right.. the kijiji ad did mention that a criminal record check would be required so I figure this was probably some scam where he was trying to tell potential employees that they would have to pay for the criminal record check themselves and then send them to his affiliate URL or something to a company that does those checks.

Anyways, after looking into this further, I noticed many other suspicious things that I will list below.
1. The website does hosting, yet his own website is done by Godaddy.

2. The website does web design, yet his website was built through Godaddy's Website Building software. You would think being a "professional company" at building websites, then you would build your own website instead of

3. The headquarters listed on their website is the address of a crappy old apartment building. Another one was the address of a crappy rundown house on dominion street in Moncton NB which that street is usually considered that area/street is usually considered that bad part of town where the police get called to a lot. From what I can see the other address 633 Main St Suite 1006 for Moncton is the bank of montreal (BMO - Like seen here on Google »bit.ly/1jDtDSX)

4. The business number he has listed (1-888-495-6662) is linked to other older kijiji ads for completely unrelated businesses. One of them was looking to hire people in bricktown NB and it had a legitimate looking business name. Yet bricktown NB doesn't exist.. After looking up the company I found the real legitimate company in bricktown ON. So he had just found some random business hiring and copied the information and then updated the phone number and details to his own.

5. The website's order page is accepting credit card, yet it doesn't use any type of SSL certificate. As far as I understand, this is also illegal as it can lead to a lot of stolen credit card information without the credit card information being encrypted. Not to mention... the order form looks more like an email form. I can't confirm this, but I'm sure the credit card information just gets emailed to him, rather than most companies that have scripts to just process the CC information on the spot and then dispose of the information and/or store it in a secure database.

6. The about us page shows all the employees and their names. I'm sure every name there is fake though especially considering all the images are stock images and I have found other websites with the same pictures and different names.

So that's it.. The whois information shows his name as Jason Benson, but his real name is John Walker. Although he goes by a lot of other names too, usually all starting with "J".

Like for example, the fake name for the person doing the recruiting is "Jay Kennedy". "Jason Benson" is the CEO. Back in his westlinkcable and jbwebs days he has other names like John MacArthur and John Bankes (and some other combinations I can't remember). But from what I see I think his real name is John Walker.

Anyways, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post here or not. Please remove it if this information is discouraged. But here is some information for him.

Alias Websites:
westlinkcable.net
jbwebs.net
tigerwebs.net

Alias Names:
-John Walker (assuming real?)
-John Bankes
-John Macarthur
-Jason Benson
-Jay Kennedy

Facebook Profiles:
[removed] (URL says macarthur by the profile says bankes, and it's no longer used anymore)
[removed] (appears to be his real profile as it's used often and even makes reference to jbwebs and tigerwebs on that profile.

Pictures of him(looks douchy):
[removed]
[removed]

Addresses (assuming he lived at both of these homes at one point):
178 Dominion Street, Moncton
9410 Rue Main, Richibucto
633 Main St Suite 1006, Moncton

Phone Numbers (there are older phone #'s but they appear to be disconected):
1-888-495-6662
506-380-0553 (no reverse lookup--prob a cellphone or fake)
506-338-0184 (no reverse lookup--prob a cellphone or fake)

Anyways, I hope we can spread the word about this scammer. It sounds like he was already reported a lot to police but they weren't able to do much as of yet.
----------------------

Oh yeah.. and I forgot to mention that I was able to connect tigerwebs to jbwebs because I asked the chat support if they have ever gone by any different names (because the domain was just registered) and the scammer said jbwebs. Then after finding the Facebook profile for John, I seen both references to jbwebs and tigerwebs. Noticed that his picture and FB links had been removed But oh well. It would/will suck if this guy got a little smarter and cleared up his footprints. Because I'm sure he will be making many more websites and attaching fake names.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Have a look at »zeddswebdesign.com ... Look familiar????

Funny thing is zeddswebdesign is in Fox Lake Illinois!

Jason Benson is really Steve Johnson, Rene Campbell is really Shannon Johnson (and the female version of Rene is usually Renee), Olivia Henry really is Olivia Henry but again, in Fox Lake, not Richibucto. Dunno who Shelly Thomas is.

I wonder how many other sites John MacBankes has "borrowed"!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

Zedd's Web Design

Powered by godaddy website builder

ROFL

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

He uses a website builder to build websites

LOL
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to CableGuy8

Premium Member

to CableGuy8
I don't think this one is a scam the domain was registered way back in 2004
Area code jives with Illinois

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to elwoodblues

Mod

to elwoodblues
Well, at least Zedds are real places and quite respectable and no obvious spellos!

pnjunction
Teksavvy Extreme
Premium Member
join:2008-01-24
Toronto, ON

pnjunction

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

Well, at least Zedds are real places and quite respectable and no obvious spellos!

Oops I thought that was another scam. I guess that's a thing, making artwork and using a website builder to make simple websites for people.

Pretty sad this clown can't even try to do a simple business like this or internet reselling legit.

I wonder if he got this idea from TV, I saw a documentary piece a while back on a huge network of fake/shady web design companies like this. Put up a huge gallery of staff pics, link a bunch of websites you didn't even do to fool people, hook some clients and either leave them hanging or deliver complete junk. The payoffs are much bigger than fake ISP business, duped clients can get screwed for thousands.

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Some of these website builders certainly turn out reasonable even if cookie cutter websites.

CableGuy8
join:2014-03-10

1 edit

CableGuy8

Your right elwood It's not a scam and wow John still up with he's tricks when will this guy ever be caught It seems like he won't be but should be. I have even seen he deleted me off FB like I care I was just undercover really to see what he's next scam Is. You hear that John I lied to you why should I tell a douchebag like him that I have been going under this name all this time. I won't cause I wanted to figure him out on what he's next scam would be. That's really how I came across JCN Telecom and had to tell others so he wouldn't be getting people's money.
CableGuy8

CableGuy8

The JCN Telecom number Is still active
»secure7.userservices.net ··· lecom.ca

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

888 number is active, just calling tech support now...oh my call might be recorded.. Nice music, but nobody answers.

LOL

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook to CableGuy8

Mod

to CableGuy8
Tiger Webs has changed its rip off ... Brand new web site featuring hosting! Guess they had a takedown request from Zedd's!

I wonder which company they ripped of the site from this time!
sbrook

sbrook

Mod

Here he is in kijiji!

»www.kijiji.ca/v-other-se ··· lag=true

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by sbrook:

Here he is in kijiji!

»www.kijiji.ca/v-other-se ··· lag=true

Professional ?

This next line from his ad is an example of that ?

"I am looking for work in the web design sector i have over 8 years of experience and i am reliable and provide a great quality of work. "

Note the lower case 'i' 's and the 'and and and'....
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77

...design sector. I have... yes good ol' John and his inability to use the English language.

"- member area's or client login's" lol
donkey77

donkey77 to sbrook

to sbrook
"Web Hosting F.A.Q

Q. What is Web Hosting?
A. Web hosting is a server in which allows clients to upload their site to their webserver.
Q. Are All usage unlimited?
A. No, the usage varies to the plan selected
Q. Can I upgrade or downgrade my plan?
A. Yes, within the client portal with Client Exec you can modify your plan. Please be advised youwill need to pay for the prorated charges at time of the change.
Q. I am going to be late on the dues for the server, Are arrangements possible?
A. You will need to contact us before suspension to get an extension approved. This does not mean you are automaticly approved for an extension but extensions requested after suspensions are denied by agents."

He didn't rip off his FAQ page!

sbrook
Mod
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

absolutely not ... dumb questions, dumber answers

He's using a free trial for the "order page" software ... but most companies like to it ... his appears to be on his own site!
sbrook

sbrook

Mod

Seems this time, John has been a little more clever and taken stuff from assorted places instead of a complete "lift" of someone else's website, which explains the tons of mistakes in assembling the site.

He's definitely been Learning about the mistakes he makes, except for his terrible use of English. The only thing I've found is his "About Us" banner ... but even that doesn't point to anything traceable yet.

I can't see tiger webs getting many customers with a site like that one!
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to CableGuy8

to CableGuy8
Does somebody want to buy a used iphone 4s?

»www.kijiji.ca/v-cell-pho ··· 91907723

"You pick it up cant deliver" Guess John isn't scamming enough to afford a car

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Ask him if he'll take 120

CableGuy8

CableGuy8

I would just only give him $60 cause he's nothing but a douchebag scammer so why should I give you full price for that Iphone.
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77

said by CableGuy8:

I would just only give him $60 cause he's nothing but a douchebag scammer so why should I give you full price for that Iphone.

It's an opportunity to meet him face to face

CableGuy8

CableGuy8

that's true has well I would be asking him why he Is doing what he's doing but then again he would be asking me what are you talking about I have gived you services In the past. I would say then yeah and you put the account under your name so you signed up at address you didn't live at. I know he would be like no shaw messed up there and I would be like sure sure buddy I don't believe you. Also know If that was the case why was I disconnected then? I know real companies don't do that to customers unless you don't pay the bill yourself. Everything that I would be discussing with him In person If I ever seen that guy and be all means report him at his new house address.
donkey77
Montreal, QC

donkey77

Everyone else got my initial messages meaning, sadly I had to point it out to you, explain it and you still don't get it.

So lets do it this way:

Somebody near him offer to buy his phone, get his address, his real name then report him to local police.

But now I guess he'll see my master plan (seeing how you couldn't) remove his kijiji ads and fade into the grey area in which he's been exploiting for years now.

Well done.

EDIT and now both kijiji ads are GONE, he'll be back.
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned)

I replied to the ad on the 16th offering to buy the phone and come over and pick it up and he didn't reply back.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

With a 705 number i guess not.

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

VoIP.ms buddy! lol
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues
I replied just like any other buyer on Kijiji does. "I want the phone..I will pick it up...what is the address?"

If he needs a phone number I can port a 1-800 or voip.

Also Kijiji doesn't pass your IP for a geolocate.