Search similar:

uniqs

robbyglack
@comcastbusiness.net

1 recommendation

robbyglack

Anon

price increase for most

i work at a cell phone store. most people use between 1gb and 2 gb. those that use more usually use way way more(over 5GB) basically hard core streaming video users or those who find ways around tethering restrictions. in fact 90% of the people looking for unlimited at my store are plan to use workaround for unlimited tethering.

very few people will save with this plan. people on the $50 and $60 options will have a little extra data they never use. those paying $70 now will have to go to the $80. this is basically a $10 bump up on the unlimited pricing disguised as a discount for everyone else.

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

said by robbyglack :

very few people will save with this plan. people on the $50 and $60 options will have a little extra data they never use. those paying $70 now will have to go to the $80. this is basically a $10 bump up on the unlimited pricing disguised as a discount for everyone else.

That is what I was thinking. I had a quote for switching my company from Sprint and the unlimited was a $20 add-on. Now it is a $30 add-on so the quote I have is no longer valid. Regardless, my management wants to stick it out with Sprint so unless I opt to drop out of my company plan, I'll be stuck on Sprint too.
mahermusic
TRUMP LOST LOL
join:2001-07-06

mahermusic to robbyglack

to robbyglack
said by robbyglack :

i work at a cell phone store. most people use between 1gb and 2 gb. those that use more usually use way way more(over 5GB) basically hard core streaming video users or those who find ways around tethering restrictions. in fact 90% of the people looking for unlimited at my store are plan to use workaround for unlimited tethering.

Just a heads up.... as of TOMORROW (March 24th), only new activations that want unlimited will be paying $80. It was well advertised that all the current $70 customers (and any customers that signed up for the unlimited $70 plan) would be grandfathered in on that plan. They would NOT be switched over to the $80 plan unless they asked to be. The only difference between the two plans is that the $80 gives you more tethering.

I know a LOT of people (probably 30-35... no lie) that signed up for the $70 unlimited plan before the 23rd to be grandfathered in.