uniqs

Mr Guy
@charter.com

-2 recommendations

Mr Guy to tired_runner

Anon

to tired_runner

Re: Thank you, T-Mobile.

unlimited data is unsustainable and when T-Mobile actually gets customers they will find that out sooner than later.

Oh and T-Mobile's unlimited "everything" doesn't included unlimited tethering. So I hardly call that unlimited EVERYTHING. Seems T-Mobile uses the same dictionary as Straight Talk.

Seriously I wish Verizon would bring back unlimited data because it would take less than week for all those whiners figure why you can't have it. Then they'll be bitching about there slow ass connection if they can connect at all.

Oh and on Verizon and At&t yes they can hear me because there is actual service. T-Mobile? Hmm yes driving 40 miles to use my "unlimited data" sounds like fun. NOT.
Have fun trying to use that unlimited data in the 90% of the land mass of the lower 48 that doesn't have a lick of T-Mobile service.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner

Premium Member

T-Mobile has many customers already. I can experience congestion depending on which tower I use and time of day.

And again... Does Verizon and AT&T offer unlimited tethering? Or what is it that they offer......... What are they called........ Data buckets?

As for coverage...... Well..... The urban customer like myself appreciates their very ample coverage, with exception of marginal indoor reception, and again that depends where you are.

90% of land mass lacks T-Mobile coverage? WOW!! It's no wonder they're only fourth biggest US telecom carrier.. Who woulda thunk it!!!!!

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

1 recommendation

gigahurtz to Mr Guy

Premium Member

to Mr Guy
My goodness, you sound very angry. Did your hours get cut at Verizon? Obviously, T-Mobile's coverage is no where near AT&T or Verizon, but it's important to note that competition is healthy for the entire wireless industry. Do you really want AT&T and Verizon to just mozy along without any concern of another company? Of course, since you likely work for one of them I would imagine you do.

Eagles1221
join:2009-04-29
Vincentown, NJ

Eagles1221 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
I have unlimited LTE tethering for $30 on my VZ Iphone 5s. I also have $30 unlimited data and the 34.95 voice plan.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

2 recommendations

tired_runner

Premium Member

Retail data plan? Not some grandfathered, corporate or family share discounted plan?

We would need to compare apples to apples.

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar to tired_runner

to tired_runner
said by tired_runner:

T-Mobile has many customers already. I can experience congestion depending on which tower I use and time of day.

And again... Does Verizon and AT&T offer unlimited tethering? Or what is it that they offer......... What are they called........ Data buckets?

As for coverage...... Well..... The urban customer like myself appreciates their very ample coverage, with exception of marginal indoor reception, and again that depends where you are.

90% of land mass lacks T-Mobile coverage? WOW!! It's no wonder they're only fourth biggest US telecom carrier.. Who woulda thunk it!!!!!

T Mobile's new shiny LTE network is already slowing down due to the mass influx of new subscribers. Spectrum is a finite resource for the carriers and LTE networks
will continue to get slower and slower until "5G" gets here. Also, believe it or not Sprint is the only one with the available spectrum to assure the network will be able to handle the rapidly increasing data load.

cybah
join:2000-03-09
MA

cybah to gigahurtz

to gigahurtz
HA! I was just thinkin that myself. He must work for them.

I'm a disgruntled Tmo customer and I wouldn't even go on that hate speech rant about them. Make a point, fine. But just to be a general a-hole, no.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to gigahurtz

MVM

to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

My goodness, you sound very angry. Did your hours get cut at Verizon?

i believe this is just BF69 in anon form.
we have a few people who have chosen to be anon and troll the news section.

q.

Aoxxt
join:2010-12-13
Dearborn, MI

Aoxxt to Mr Guy

to Mr Guy
said by Mr Guy :

unlimited data is unsustainable and when T-Mobile actually gets customers they will find that out sooner than later.

Only Verizon/AT&T shills come out and say this.

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to Mr Guy

to Mr Guy
said by Mr Guy :

unlimited data is unsustainable and when T-Mobile actually gets customers they will find that out sooner than later

But their network has the same capacity as Verizon's "monster" that is being developed. Since T-Mobile has a fraction of the customers, they should do very well for a while.

JakCrow
join:2001-12-06
Palo Alto, CA

JakCrow to Gilitar

to Gilitar
Please source your claim of "T Mobile's new shiny LTE network is already slowing down due to the mass influx of new subscribers"
jagged
join:2003-07-01
Boynton Beach, FL

jagged to Mr Guy

to Mr Guy
they have around 1 million customers on the unlimited data plan. you are suggesting T-Mobile doesn't know the basic costs associated with their offerings.

My in laws live on a farm near a small-ish town and have never been able to use AT&T wireless inside their house they have to go out in the yard. Verizon is only marginally better but the voice quality is bad. And LTE was worse, available only outdoors.

Ive gone cross country several times and used T-mobile in Kansas, Wyoming and Idaho for hours talking to people.
jagged

jagged to Gilitar

to Gilitar
source?

I just tested 15.69Mbps/1.21Mbps on T-Mobile HSPA+ in South Florida

fuziwuzi
Not born yesterday
Premium Member
join:2005-07-01
Palm Springs, CA

fuziwuzi

Premium Member

I just got 19.40Mbps/7.87Mbps w/32ms ping here in the heavy-traffic Buckhead area of Atlanta. Yeah, it sucks when T-Mobile's LTE network gets so bogged down. :P