MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

Guspaz to le wut la

MVM

to le wut la

Re: The Quebec CRTC

There were rumblings that the PQ wanted their own CRTC even if they didn't separate.

While I'm a firm federalist, I wonder if we might actually be better off with a Quebec regulator; Quebec's wireless code is stronger in many respects than the CRTC's, for example...

le wut la
@videotron.ca

le wut la

Anon

said by Guspaz:

There were rumblings that the PQ wanted their own CRTC even if they didn't separate.

While I'm a firm federalist, I wonder if we might actually be better off with a Quebec regulator; Quebec's wireless code is stronger in many respects than the CRTC's, for example...

Yup. As far as I'm aware of, QC has been calling for it's own CRTC for the past 9 years as a "start" to independence.

And yup, I also think QC could do lots better with its own CRTC. This Canadian CRTC is big failure in my eyes. It's nothing but regulatory red-tape that ignores the people. It could be started fresh and right with the Canadian CRTC rule book burned. QC could lead the way with its own CRTC on many different fronts or angles.
le wut la

le wut la to Guspaz

Anon

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

It's not just consumer laws, but also privacy laws.

I don't think Bell could get away here with the mandatory profiling they are now doing with all their customers. The QC Charter would come down heavy on their *ss. QC's privcom already spoke out against it.

There are all sorts of things that could and would be different. And likely better. The CRTC just lets these vultures manipulate people in ways that it likely could not happen here with a QC-CRTC.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Two small edits for you :

*ss > @ss

QC-CRTC > QCRTC

Gratis !

le wut la
@videotron.ca

le wut la

Anon

QRTC?

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Depends upon how short of an abbreviation you wish to use for Quebec

QC or just Q
MichelR
join:2011-07-03
Trois-Rivieres, QC

MichelR to le wut la

to le wut la
said by le wut la :

QRTC?

More like CRTQ (en français )

Davesnothere
Premium Member
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

I thought about that too, but checked their site, and they seem to have found a way to make CRTC match both languages, if I understood what I saw correctly.

EDIT :

Yes, so CRTQ then !

I changed the wrong 'C' when I looked the first time.