spc
Search similar:

uniqs
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

[DVR] Manual recording problem

I record a 20-minute segment of CBS This Morning every weekday from 7 to 7:20 am to watch their 20 minutes of uninterrupted news.

Last week I noticed that the Manual Recording would occur at 8 am starting March 10. I figured that hour would change back to 7 am after we switched over to DST. It did not.

This morning I cancelled that recurring recording and set up a new one for 7 am. It says 7 am on the setup and 7 am when I check Manage Recordings. However the scheduled recordings are still set a 8 am.

I called Verizon very early today. Rep had me reboot the DVR by pulling the plug but that didn't fix the problem. He asked if my regular scheduled recordings were off by an hour. They aren't and they are recording normally.

He finally agreed that this was a Verizon problem, not just my DVR, and indicated that it would be fixed within 48 hours.

Has anyone else run into this problem? The work-around, of course, for now is to schedule the recording for 6 am and it does indeed record at 7 am.

Incidentally calling Verizon early in the morning is a good idea. No wait at all after I worked my way thru the automated menu.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

Does your DVR display the correct time?
billhere
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

Yes, no problem with the time display or regular recorded programs, only the manual recordings being off an hour.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I made a manual recording yesterday after the time change, and it recorded at the time I told it to.
billhere
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

Wow! Verizon fixed the problem in less than eight hours.