Search similar:

uniqs

MisterMom8
join:2004-09-08
Kingston, ON

MisterMom8

Looking for a new provider.

Hello people,
I am seriously considering changing from Cogeco to another provider.
I'm looking for phone internet and tv, I have seen some other providers names mentioned here but can not remember them. Could you kind folks please give me a few ideas.
Thanks.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by MisterMom8:

Hello people,
I am seriously considering changing from Cogeco to another provider.
I'm looking for phone internet and tv, I have seen some other providers names mentioned here but can not remember them. Could you kind folks please give me a few ideas.
Thanks.

There are only 2 IISP's that offer internet, phone and TV. Vmedia and Acanac.

IPTV is a relatively new service and I would suggest that you do your research on both companies before making the leap (check out the forums, research issues, talk to current subscribers, ask about issues (major issues, time to resolve, access to assistance when needed, etc, etc) and then decide if the service is right for you.

Here are the Vmedia forums:

»forum.vmedia.ca/

Here are the Acanac forums:

»community.acanac.com/aca ··· 89c78d8e

And the Zazeen forums(Acanac's TV serivce):
»community.zazeen.com/index.php

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to MisterMom8

to MisterMom8
If you would consider ditching cable tv altogether, you can also go with any ISP of your choosing and yet you tv watching via Netflix.

In this case, just make sure to get a plan with a high enough download cap like 300 or 400 gbs or even unlimited. As for speed, for 1 to 2 netflix streams, speeds of 6mb/s would do the job.

MisterMom8
join:2004-09-08
Kingston, ON

MisterMom8

Thanks for the replies,
Looks like I have some homework to do.
Have thought about setting up a media server and Netflix.
Lots of forums to check out.
oCyberFreako
join:2013-07-25
Sarnia, ON
Technicolor DCM476
TP-Link Archer C7
D-Link DIR-655 Rev. B

oCyberFreako to MisterMom8

to MisterMom8
Start(.ca) Communications will be offering VoIP _very_ soon, otherwise almost any other VoIP telephone provider can be used. Service is very reliable and the President tends to frequent the forums.

See my Ooma review, device is straight forward and simple to setup and costs anywhere from $4 to $14 a month depending on the service you want.

ca.ooma.com