spc
Search similar:

uniqs
shades487
join:2011-06-16
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

Iktel Networks

I think I have officially had it with this company, their billing completely sucks! Today looked at my account and, I have a 4 month bill for $130, people can't afford a 4 month bill. I never got any ebills in my email. It seems like they like to skip sending out invoices some months. I think it is time to look somewhere else for better service.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

I'm not saying it's right, but you clearly should have noticed you didn't get a bill on month 2, and 3 as you did on month 4. Why didn't you call to inquire on where the bill was? Are you sure it wasn't emailed to a wrong email address OR caught in your junk email?

You likely should have called them on month 2 and asked where the bill was so they could sort it out before it hit month 4.

I'm not making excuses for them, but you, as the customer, have to also take some ownership of these kinds of things before they get out of hand as they have. As well you are legally required to pay for bills even if you don't get the bill as you accepted the services, so it's in your best interest to be more proactive.

Sorry but you can't expect much sympathy for this kind of thing that you could have avoided and could have happened with any company big or small..
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

It's not the first time they have done this. Not like is it the first time. They needs to get their act together. For 10 bucks more I can get a much better package on start.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb

Likely best to switch, but in the future, you likely already know this, but you need to be more proactive and call should you not see a bill every month, and not wait.

As I said, I'm not agreeing it's right, but for sure don't wait longer than a month to see a bill before calling.. It will save you in the future.

RJ 123
@192.214.174.x

RJ 123 to shades487

Anon

to shades487
Yup I am switching to Start finally had enough. I have been a loyal customer since he opened, one of his first customers and he treats me like this! He thinks he can charge same amount as a big company and have 1 employee run the show... Decides to change plans and implement the sae caps as other companes lol. I called to cancel and he said I have to give him date and Start says he should give me the date. I hope everyone jumps ship I aint sticking up for this pathetic service any longer!
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

I also got the email about the service changes and caps. Did anyone else notice all the spelling errors? What a joke I thought to myself! From the looks of it they won't be having the 2am to 8am unlimited period every night, like the others. I'll wait until I get this bill, pay all of it then, sign up for start. $45 a month for better service, is a much better deal. Least I can pay start from my back account, rather then credit card. Best part is, start doesn't count the upload.
shades487

shades487

Anyone with the old 10/1.5 package, I think is now on 10/10. Although I did a speed test and, still only get 10/1.5. Wonder if modem reset would fix it? Or I'd have to pay the extra $2 for it. Since they redid all their plans, you would think it would be included.

Netfox
Premium Member
join:2008-07-17

Netfox to shades487

Premium Member

to shades487
Cogeco is still doing upgrades to get all areas to 10Mbps upload. Chances are if you're still getting 1.5 it just hasn't happened in your area yet. Cogeco doesn't give the option for different upload speeds, you get what's available.
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

I find the upgrades part hard to believe. My friend 20 mins away can get 20/10. Perhaps it has to do with my modem, they have a newer modem. Probably a docsis 3.
DjEclipse
join:2007-11-20
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse to shades487

to shades487
said by shades487:

I think I have officially had it with this company, their billing completely sucks! Today looked at my account and, I have a 4 month bill for $130, people can't afford a 4 month bill. I never got any ebills in my email. It seems like they like to skip sending out invoices some months. I think it is time to look somewhere else for better service.

Are you for real? You didn't pay your bill for 4 month's and you are surprised they cut our service? lol There is way too much entitlement in north america these days.

I agree, Iktel is a terrible ISP, I was with them since they first opened years back and recently switched when their complete lack of customer service, or even willingness to answer the phone when my internet was out (turned out cogeco disconnected it "accidentally" from the line). However, regardless of their terrible billing practises you know you have a monthly bill to pay, it is your responsibility to pay this bill every month. You don't pay, don't be surprised when they cut you off.

Regardless if you received a bill or not, you used the service, you know you have to pay for it, pay the bill each month, if you don't receive one for said month call them and let them know you did not receive a bill. Don't expect free service just because their bill did not make it to you.

Having said that, Start or Teksavvy seems to be the best options available in Iktel's area.

If you have an older modem you will need to buy a newer one as Cogeco no longer allows the older modems (the ones that iktel used years back) on their network any more.
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

I never did say my internet service was cut off lol. Some people need to learn how to read!
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse

said by shades487:

I never did say my internet service was cut off lol. Some people need to learn how to read!

Some people need to stop crying that they can't afford to pay for a service they have been using for the last 4 month's.

Those same people shouldn't waste space here making a thread looking for sympathy because they can't afford to pay a bill for a service they have been using for the past 4 month's.

You have been using Iktel's service for the past 4 month's, you got a bill for that time period and you are surprised? lol
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

Yup it's official, you really need to learn how to read. Maybe I should repeat the post, so you can read it again lol. I have never complained before, I have stood by Iktel through it all. But enough is enough, seems like another troll is trying to stick up for them.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

rednekcowboy

said by shades487:

Yup it's official, you really need to learn how to read. Maybe I should repeat the post, so you can read it again lol. I have never complained before, I have stood by Iktel through it all. But enough is enough, seems like another troll is trying to stick up for them.

While it is Iktel's responsibility invoice properly and they failed on that front, it's not their responsibility to do your finances properly.

You know you have a service that you are using and have to pay for it. You should have been keeping that money in reserve until such a time that they got around to billing you for it.

What was going through your head for 4 months? Yipee, I have free internet this month?
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse to shades487

to shades487
said by shades487:

I don't care how long you have been with them or if you stay with them or go elsewhere. You are crying in this thread and and looking like a fool doing so.

Lets recap

1. You didn't pay your bill for 4 month' s = your fault.

2. You weren't smart enough to budget for the internet service you have been using for the last 4 month's = your fault.

3. You don't realize how ridiculous you look coming on here crying because Iktel wants their money for the service they provided you and you have not paid for = your fault.

Stop crying, pay the bill and be done with it. Don't come here looking for sympathy because you didn't pay your bill.
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

I find this funny, I never did say I couldn't afford to pay the 4 month bill. Some people can't afford to pay a 4 month bill, some people are on budgets. But when iktel has another outage, I don't want to hear you people wine (again) either.
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse

said by shades487:

I find this funny, I never did say I couldn't afford to pay the 4 month bill. Some people can't afford to pay a 4 month bill, some people are on budgets. But when iktel has another outage, I don't want to hear you people wine (again) either.

What do other people have to do with you and your post crying about how you have not paid your bill for 4 month's?

Who is "you people", stop making this thread about anything other than what you made it about.

You didn't pay your bill for 4 month's, you were so upset about it you decided to make a thread here blaming Iktel for you not being responsible enough to pay your bills.

You are the one that is still with Iktel despite numerous threads over the years here regarding their crappy service, their lack of customer support, outages etc. Staying with Iktel has been your decision, just like it was your decision not to pay your bill for 4 month's. Deal with it and stop crying about it.

This thread (that you made) is about you, no one else.
shades487
Niagara Falls, ON

shades487

Wow the people over in the Start forum are much nicer as well lol. People make mistakes but Iktel has made one to many!
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse

said by shades487:

Wow the people over in the Start forum are much nicer as well lol. People make mistakes but Iktel has made one to many!

I can guarantee no one on any forum will be sympathetic to the fact that you didn't pay your bill.

Start will be a good choice for you as they have automated billing, it comes right off of your credit card. All you need to do is make sure you check your credit card bill and pay it every once in a while.

WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi to koreyb

to koreyb
Shade48 does not need to apologize for iKtel's refusal to take care of their customers. This company does not communicate with their customers unless they realize they have not billed a customer for a few months. They have been doing this since they went into business. After 4y, their billing system still does not work, and frankly, that is THEIR problem! The owner insists on using his own custom programmed billing system just to save himself a few bucks from buying something off the shelf. What he does not realize is that he has spent more time and lost money by not using something off the shelf that just works! He does not understand business whatsoever and won't take advice from anyone. So, anyone staying with this company has to understand they get what they pay for. Pay the lowest Internet rates and you are also buying into having no service. And, there is no point in trying to call them. They don't EVER answer their phone and return calls only to those they feel like returning calls to. I called this morning at 9:10, voicemail was not even working. I've emailed, no answer and I don't expect to hear from them. That is they way they are. Finally, nobody even knows where their office is anymore. IT moved to Burlington but the owner has gone underground and won't tell anyone where he is. Probably because his phone rings off the hook from creditors.
WiFi

WiFi to RJ 123

to RJ 123
Start needs at least 30days notice because of Cogeco, so you make it at least 30days out and you'll be fine! When I called Cogeco to cancel, they also asked me what date I wanted and told me what 30days out would be.
WiFi

WiFi to shades487

to shades487
said by shades487:

I find the upgrades part hard to believe. My friend 20 mins away can get 20/10. Perhaps it has to do with my modem, they have a newer modem. Probably a docsis 3.

Disconnect your modem for 10min, reconnect and wait about 10min for the systems to resync and you will probably have what you are looking for.
Expand your moderator at work

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam to WiFi

to WiFi

Re: Iktel Networks

10 business days, not 30.
Expand your moderator at work
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse to WiFi

to WiFi

Re: Iktel Networks

said by WiFi:

Shade48 does not need to apologize for iKtel's refusal to take care of their customers. This company does not communicate with their customers unless they realize they have not billed a customer for a few months. They have been doing this since they went into business. After 4y, their billing system still does not work, and frankly, that is THEIR problem!

You are greatly mistaken. Regardless of Iktel's sub par billing practices or their complete lack of customer service the fact that Shade48 did not pay his bill for 4 month's is not Iktel's problem, it is Shade 48's problem.

Shade48 is still required to pay his bill or face the consequences of not paying his bill what ever that may be, late payment fees, collections, damaged credit due ignoring collections.

The only option is to pay the bill and make the switch to another company that has their act together.

Qsig
join:2009-05-18
Kanata, ON

Qsig

said by DjEclipse:

You are greatly mistaken. Regardless of Iktel's sub par billing practices or their complete lack of customer service the fact that Shade48 did not pay his bill for 4 month's is not Iktel's problem, it is Shade 48's problem.

There's one thing that Shades needs to clear up, I think that Iktel did not send him a bill in 3 months so that would be why he got a 4 month bill, I don't think it's as simple as this person not paying it but they didn't actually get a bill.

Would that be correct, Shades?
DjEclipse
Niagara Falls, ON

DjEclipse

said by Qsig:

said by DjEclipse:

There's one thing that Shades needs to clear up, I think that Iktel did not send him a bill in 3 months so that would be why he got a 4 month bill, I don't think it's as simple as this person not paying it but they didn't actually get a bill.

I would put money on it that Iktel did not send him a bill for those 3 month's and he received a large bill on the 4th month for the past 4 month's of service.

It happened a few times when I was with iktel. Every aspect of their customer service including billing is horrendous.

But I didn't come here trying to get sympathy for not paying a bill for the past 3-4 month's. I looked it over, checked my accounts to ensure I was being charged only for what I was supposed to be charged and I paid the bill promptly.

The money is still owed, I had saved that amount each month I was not billed so there is no reason I should not have paid the bill when it finally made it's way to me. And that's the point.

Complain about their terrible customer service, complain about their terrible billing practices but don't complain because you received a bill for a service you used, even if it was for the past 4 month's. He was able to defer payments and either put that money aside or use it for other things until they finally sent him the bill.

WiFi
It's In The Air
join:2002-06-06
NiagaraFalls

WiFi to Start Sam

to Start Sam
said by Start Sam:

10 business days, not 30.

Apologies, yes it's Cogeco that needs 30days notice of service cancellation.

rednekcowboy
join:2012-03-21

1 recommendation

rednekcowboy to Qsig

to Qsig
said by Qsig:

said by DjEclipse:

So, because you don't get a bill, even though you use a service, means that it's free? I don't mean to sound like an ass, but, thinking logically, you know it would accumulate if not paid, regardless of whether or not you are invoiced.

What a normal person does is they have a budget and the money gets allocated. At some point those bills will have to be paid, so why would you spend money on something else knowing full well you have a bill to pay with that money at some point?