All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

B4Knight
@charter.com

B4Knight

Anon

[HSI] Charter Upstream Channel Bonding???

Do you think that Charter will implement upstream channel bonding in the next year or two? Especially considering all the bandwidth that will be freed up once the entire Charter footprint is converted to all-digital.

I say this because I'd like to see upload speeds higher than 5Mbps. Charters top tier is 100/5 which to me as a consumer isn't worth the price unless they raise the upload to at least 10Mbps. Other ISP's like Cox, Cablevision, Comcast, etc. have their top tier upload speeds at 20+Mbps.

I'm happy that Charter is upgrading the 30Mbps to 60Mbps later on this year but they are keeping the upload capped at 4Mbps when back in 2011 they offered the Ultra60 tier which was 60Mbps down and 5Mbps up. So in essence they are reviving an old tier but with less upload than before
aguen
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Grants Pass, OR

aguen

Premium Member

See this thread »[HSI] Its been to long for no speed increases..... and in particular the link to the docsis 3.1 spec. which will play the largest part in providing better upload speeds, in addition to the completion of the digital conversion in all of their markets.