td100776
Premium Member
join:2002-12-19
Keansburg, NJ
TP-Link Archer A2300

td100776

Premium Member

[NHL] Dallas Stars Forward Rich Peverley Collapses During Game

The NHL has postponed tonight's game between Columbus & Dallas due to the medical situation involving Dallas Stars forward Rich Peverley who collapsed while on the bench with about 13:37 left in the first period, Columbus was up 1-0 when the game was stopped. Peverley was carried just behind the Stars bench area and the training staff as well as team doctors and some fans who were granted access as they told police they are paramedics.

The latest update from TSN is that Peverley is awake and has been taken to the local hospital for evaluation, Peverley does have a heart condition that caused him to miss the whole preseason and a game just one week ago that was in Columbus.

TSN is also reporting that when Peverley was revived he knew where he was and wanted to get back on the ice.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

I bet I've heard about this 30-40 times since I got up this morning. The media is in some kind of frenzy over this.
JSull
join:2013-01-15

JSull

They guy died, and was resuscitated. It was a horrible event.

battleop

battleop

I don't disagree with that but that kind of stuff happens 1000s of times a day. I just don't see where it's important enough to hear about 30-40 times from the time I get up to the time I get to the office.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"I just don't see where it's important enough to hear about 30-40 times from the time I get up to the time I get to the office."

I guess it depends where you live and what channel you are listening to. It did not seem to make CNN or 80's on 8 this morning.

Hob

battleop

battleop

It was all over the radio on my commute. It's as if he was the first man to have a heart attack.

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by battleop:

It was all over the radio on my commute. It's as if he was the first man to have a heart attack.

Well go listen to another station going forward will you or find one that reports every heart attack in the US.

Hob

battleop

battleop

I did. That's why I brought it up.
JSull

JSull

In the world of sports, it is an uncommon event.
In the NHL, one player has died, in the NFL, one player died.
You don't expect to hear any pro athlete die at the game site.
While I was not at the game, I did watch it as it happened, and it was, for me and my wife, a traumatic experience.
I suppose we are not as 'tough' as we need to be in regards to human life.
I am sorry that the constant reporting of this event was annoying to you .

The Dv8or
Just call me Dong Suck Oh, M.D.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-09
Denver, CO

The Dv8or to td100776

Premium Member

to td100776
This guy has no business being cleared to play professional sports. This "hero" story should never have happened.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to JSull

Premium Member

to JSull
A guy a used to work with works part time for the Sabres (Hob, next time you're at a game look for a tall, bald guy wearing all back standing behind the players on the visiting bench) and would attend to the visiting teams bench and basically hand out towels and Gatorade to the visiting teams staff to give to the players. Back in '08 when FLA's Richard Zednik got his throat slashed by a skate and started bleeding all over the ice, he was 12-15' feet away from the doctors working on him to save his life in the dressing room. The guy I worked with said blood was everywhere, looked like a murder scene and said it was without a doubt the worst, most gruesome thing he ever witnessed in his life. My boss was at that game as well with his daughter who was 9 or 10 at the time and she burst into tears.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· kzKRNTwA

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 95luzhtQ
JSull

JSull

I recall that too....very scary.