Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA

motorola 3360 bridge mode not working

Hi All--

I have been using an old Speedstream 4100 modem in bridge mode in front of a Belkin N router--pppoe is set on the computer (router actually) on ATT DSL service. I obtained an ATT Motorola 3360 DSL modem, hooked it up to my system, set the pppoe to be on the computer (just like the old speedstream unit), but when I hooked up the router I had no internet connection. I removed the router and wired the router between the phone line and the ethernet cable, switched back to pppoe on the modem, entered my credentials and was able to connect to the internet. I then hooked up the speedstream with the router and was able to obtain internet access thereby verifiying correct login in info resident in router.

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I connect to the internet when the 3360 is in the bridge mode with a previously correctly configured Belkin router but am able to do it with an advanced aged speedstream modem?

Thank you in advance!

bbnovice

join:2004-03-17
Sacramento, CA
I got the modem to work as bridge in front of a DLink N router--still no go with the Belkin unit.