uniqs

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

not the final blast unfortunately

But it looks like the north is going to get the vast majority of the crap. Cortland has a watch...

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat

MVM

Cortland has a winter storm Warning (8 a.m. Wed thru 2 a.m. Thu) for tomorrow! Forecast is for 4-8", with 25-40 mph winds... preceded by freezing rain. I think we're going to finally "pay the piper"for all those snowfalls we missed this season. It's shaping up to be "calamity day" #8 for our kids!

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Looking at 60 degree temp difference in 36 hours.

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH

Pacrat to CylonRed

MVM

to CylonRed
Looks like we dodged another bullet today. We got rain and sleet this morning, but there's only slightly more than a dusting of snow on the ground. Even the drifts are only an inch or two high. Lots of wind, though! Supposed to get down to 4 degrees overnight, but warmup again by Friday. I can handle that. I figure if we get by St. Paddy's Day, we're pretty-much home free for the year (I hope). I've seen too many major snowfalls on or about St.Patrick's Day to count on anything 'til after that. I've also seen snow later than that, but that's a rarity for me. Not quite ready to take the mower out of storage quite yet, but...

I've got a yard full of twigs and limbs to clean up this year. Damn pin oaks!!! It was kinda nice to even see them this week. They've been hidden by the snow for quite awhile, and now they're reared their ugly heads and demanded my attention. All the freezing and thawing this year has created some low spots on my back yard. I'm going to have to get a load or two of top soil and do some simple re-grading in a few weeks, I guess.