Premium
join:2000-02-24
Not There
kudos:1
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

VMware Recertification Policy

»mylearn.vmware.com/mgrReg/plan.c ··· www_cert

Guess this was inevitable. I'm OK with it, as long as they keep releasing new version every two years. Unfortunately I fall into this category, so will have to re-up my certification. Guess it's as good a time as any to go for the VCAP-DCD.

Now to just find the time...
--
I'm actually not funny, I'm just really mean and people think I'm joking.

tomdlgns
Premium
join:2003-03-21
Chicago, IL
i have also been hearing a lot about vmware going this route.

i am reading the vsphere 5 book right now.

Veloslave
Geek For God
Premium
join:2003-07-11
Martinez, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·PHONE POWER
reply to Drex
Well... those rat ba$tards CompTIA started it all right? VM might as well find new ways to bleed the customer... I mean, new revenue streams.

I have a $120k quote sitting on my desk right now for licensing updates from VM... maybe I am feeling a little extra sensitive at the moment. I could buy a lot of WS's to replace every Thin Client I have for (a lot) less but then I would have to support all of them... in my understaffed department I will send the P.O. to the bean counters to be paid.
--

Mom was right.... I NEED fiber!

It should be called Windows H8

exocet_cm
Free at last, free at last
Premium
join:2003-03-23
kudos:3
reply to Drex
Same problem here Drex See Profile. It is hard for me to find the time.

One of our forensic vendors recently released their own certification program about 6 months after I was certified by a third-party, vendor approved, certification agency and was told that my certification from that agency wasn't going to be grandfathered in. We could, however, pay ~$3,000.00 to get their new certification.

After consulting with the guys in our shop I think we all agreed to do what our FBI counterparts do and just create our own curriculum and certify ourselves. It's getting pretty ridiculous in both the IT and forensic sectors for "certifications".
--
"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates
My wife's Etsy shop: »www.laurenCball.com ; After-hours tech: »www.JLTCtech.com ; My blog: »www.johndball.com