uniqs

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to HiVolt

Premium Member

to HiVolt

Re: Winter just doesn't want to go away...

I'm sure we got more than 19 here, it started wet, some of the initial fall melted. I was up to the tops of my sorels on the path behind us and thats about 25 cm

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

1 edit

WhaleOilBee to loosedobbs

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

At least the Snowplow out early for cleanups. Bad part is everyone is stuck behind and delayed by 35-40 mts in afternoon.

When it got to North York ( donoreo See Profile ), for all intensive purposes, it became a snowplough.

nitzguy
Premium Member
join:2002-07-11
Sudbury, ON

nitzguy

Premium Member

said by WhaleOilBee:

said by loosedobbs:

At least the Snowplow out early for cleanups. Bad part is everyone is stuck behind and delayed by 35-40 mts in afternoon.

When it got to North York ( donoreo See Profile ), for all intensive purposes, it became a snowplough.

Tell me you missed the exchange in this EXACT Thread from Gone and Donoreo....because if you didn't....that's hilarious...

"intensive purposes" is the MO of what I'm talking about.

Anywho, no snow here .

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
London is listed as 7cm...sounds about right...i had drifts in my driveway that about 60 cm, but i always have drifts there due to the wind patterns.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I've been out to snowblow twice, and it's still snowing. Both times have had quite a bit of depth but it's impossible to tell how much has actually fallen because of how it has been blowing around. Seeing as how it is still snowing right now as I type this, I fully expect I'll be out for a third time tomorrow morning.

The snow we're getting now is now lake effect bands coming in off Lake Ontario.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

atta boy Gone.... taking one for the team

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal to Gone

Mod

to Gone
This storm is just a snowstorm, not a Snowmageddon™, but some seem to panic at the slightest mention of adverse weather conditions. It didn't really start in the NCR until about 2pm, but by 4pm it was coming down hard and almost horizontally thanks to the wind. It has tapered off somewhat, but it's still snowing and according to the EC radar views it's pretty much finished. I doubt we have more than about 8cm on the ground, but the snowdrifts in the outlying areas and far-flung suburbs could be interesting by morning. Downtown will be a quick-plow-and-done.

atboy1000
@in-addr.arpa

atboy1000 to koira

Anon

to koira
Winter has been a pain in the neck. As for the Gardiner expressway, let it collapse. That will teach people to fix infrastructure. Only a disaster will wake people out of their deep dream.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
No idea what my drive is like, it will be waiting for me next week but the wind is always an issue, with luck a massive warming spell will obliterate the new stuff. Still I recently got drift cutters for the blower so its a chance to test them out. I should have had them the first year I got my two stage, the first snowfall was higher than the intake area, only the chute was visible.

Aurora doesn't seem to have plowed anything, its a nice covering on the road however its even enough to be driven on safely factoring in a bit of distance. Of course a few people don't get it, watched an Audi nearly skid out because the driver was being far to aggressive. Again the drifts here very from zero to perhaps 50cm, overall however I think it might have totaled 10cm or less had the wind not moved it around.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

They had 14 inches measured on the other side of the river at 7:30PM, or around 36cm. Probably a few inches more since then. Sounds about right based on what I've experienced so far.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member

Thane_Bitter to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Some totals of the storm (cut and paste from EC, that's why its in caps):

WINDSOR 17 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
RIDGETOWN 19 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW (ESTIMATED)
KITCHENER 16 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW (ESTIMATED)
THOROLD 30 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
GRIMSBY 22 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
HAMILTON MOUNTAIN 22 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
THE TORONTO REGION 15 TO 18 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT 10 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW
MISSISSAUGA 19 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS SUMMARY MAY CONTAIN PRELIMINARY OR UNOFFICIAL INFORMATION AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A COMPLETE OR FINAL REPORT.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

Took me an hour and forty minutes to get from my place on the west end of Mississauga to Queen and Coxwell today. It sucked. I don't know how Elwood got through that way so fast.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by TLS2000:

I don't know how Elwood got through that way so fast.

The Bluesmobile.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by PX Eliezer1:

said by TLS2000:

I don't know how Elwood got through that way so fast.

The Bluesmobile.

He was on a mission from God.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

We have to go see the penguin.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
19 cm in Mississauga? I can believe it. There was easily that much in my driveway.

Now get ready for the rapid melt tomorrow and Saturday!

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
Shovelling yesterday was one of the worst this winter. It was a decent snowfall, but the winds added to it with drifts. I managed to make my wife feel sorry for me enough to help. At the bottom it was still quite wet.

15 minutes after I was done the snowplows came. The first pushed the snow too far into my driveway for the second to scoop it out.

I still cleaned the catch basin.

Mashiki
Balking The Enemy's Plans
join:2002-02-04
Woodstock, ON

Mashiki

Yeah the whole wet snow at the bottom thing sucked. Got home 9-10pm 6" of regular snow, and another 1" of wetsnow at the bottom. Hit the entire thing with the snow blower at least, and got it cleaned up. The downside is the streets everywhere are all ice, and they really haven't been putting much sand down on anything around here.

Haven't seen any plows come by here yet, and apparently they didn't during the day. So all the snow that had fallen is this nice glassy-hard-slippery shit that everyone loves on the roads. What a feking mess, even the 401 around here was like that last night.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
The second time I went out to clear the driveway yesterday resulted in a completely frozen beard when I came back into the house from all the wind and snow blowback from the blower. The first time wasn't nearly as bad.

I've had worse situations with wind when trying to use the blower this year than yesterday, though.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

F the snow it's going to melt by Monday so I'm not clearing out the driveway. I've had enough of Winter.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

It's supposed to be 50 tomorrow with rain so it'll be a whole lot sooner for a melt. Monday is supposed to be cold again.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

F the snow it's going to melt by Monday so I'm not clearing out the driveway. I've had enough of Winter.

One of my neighbours drove in and out of his driveway yesterday several times to pack it. Then again he is kind of lazy and does not shovel often anyway.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

Oh man I hate doing that because one the car packs the snow it's impossible to get up off the driveway.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to donoreo

Premium Member

to donoreo
I have shoveled or had it shoveled (via the magic snowblower fairy) all Winter, I decided against it this time around,
elwoodblues

elwoodblues to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

Oh man I hate doing that because one the car packs the snow it's impossible to get up off the driveway.

I'm gone all day it's bound to melt.

Gone
Premium Member
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

The packed snow takes ten times longer to melt than anything else.

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to WhaleOilBee

to WhaleOilBee
said by WhaleOilBee:

said by loosedobbs:

really? Do I care?

"Man who killed Toronto cop with snowplow compliant with treatment: doctors"

»www.theglobeandmail.com/ ··· 6398999/

anyhoo. It was pretty cold in the morning going downtown.
When did TTC became so crowded in morning? I cam back and now I have to go back Downtown near Harbourfront. !@#$%.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
canada

EUS to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

So happy this am

What a great start to the day:
Awoke extra early this a.m. to blow the driveway, opened the garage door, and found that a tractor had cleared my driveway in error!
It was a beautiful sight.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

WIN!

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone

Re: Winter just doesn't want to go away...

said by Gone:

The packed snow takes ten times longer to melt than anything else.

MEH, my driveway gets sun pretty much all day I'll "assist" if necessary.