Search similar:

uniqs
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to Midniteoyl

to Midniteoyl

Re: [Embarq] Bonded DSL - 76266 - 25M/2M

Does "YouTube, Vudu, Hulu, Amazon," as Crusty noted above, have their CDN's installed in CL's facilities?
Crusty
join:2008-11-11
Sanger, TX

Crusty to newdgamez

to newdgamez
said by newdgamez:

How did you end up getting Bonded? I've tried multiple times, and no success yet.

Short story - Not taking no for an answer. Your area still has to be able to support it however. Work through TalkToUs and have them continue to dig into a definitive answer. The folks on the phone are hideous.
Crusty

Crusty

The ability to stream HD netflix comes and goes and there's really no set time of day that I can consistently do it. It's been this way for probably the past 2yrs. Before then, I could regularly stream HD content with little to no buffering.

It's just my conspiracy theory but since Netflix is the largest VOD provider that is ultra cheap, I think that CTL, being a competing TV provider, is limiting the Netflix connection....just my .2 cents.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin

MVM

Does changing your DNS servers have any effect on your Netflix problem?

exxtacypilot
Premium Member
join:2004-07-16
Fort Cobb, OK

exxtacypilot to Crusty

Premium Member

to Crusty
Crusty,

Thanks for posting about your "upgrade". I'm near 76078 with a relatively stable 5Mbps for several years. Joey helped me too, by finding that stable rate after trying to upgrade to 10Mbps.

Your post caused me to query Joey's team about possible upgrades or bonded DSL here.
Crusty
Sanger, TX

Crusty to billaustin

to billaustin
said by billaustin:

Does changing your DNS servers have any effect on your Netflix problem?

No...Used google, opendns and CTL servers....all same results.
Crusty

Crusty to exxtacypilot

to exxtacypilot
said by exxtacypilot:

Crusty,

Thanks for posting about your "upgrade". I'm near 76078 with a relatively stable 5Mbps for several years. Joey helped me too, by finding that stable rate after trying to upgrade to 10Mbps.

Your post caused me to query Joey's team about possible upgrades or bonded DSL here.

You're welcome. Joey and that team are amazing. They might not be able to give the answer that everyone wants but they will dig much further and provide much more detail than any phone rep will. At least in my experiences with them.
Crusty

Crusty

Evening speed test results. With the bonded setup, I take a completely different path compared to the normal 10Mbps package which is experiencing massive bandwidth exhaust currently.

Midniteoyl
join:2013-11-22
Knox, IN

Midniteoyl to gapmn

to gapmn
Youtube buffers, a lot.. Vudu,Hulu, Amazon might have the same number of concurrent users, combined, of Netflix.
elshen
Premium Member
join:2002-04-03
Littleton, CO

elshen to Crusty

Premium Member

to Crusty
Crusty, are you on residential or business account? I'm trying to get pair bonded and according to TalkToUs it's available in my area however it's reserved for business accounts only.
Crusty
Sanger, TX

Crusty

said by elshen:

Crusty, are you on residential or business account? I'm trying to get pair bonded and according to TalkToUs it's available in my area however it's reserved for business accounts only.

Residential service.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn to Crusty

to Crusty
»VPNs Seem to Help Many Broadband Users' YouTube, Netflix Issues
gapmn

gapmn to Crusty

to Crusty
»VPNs Seem to Help Many Broadband Users' YouTube, Netflix Issues
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152 to Crusty

to Crusty
typically just changing the DNS server in the modem would cause Netflix/YouTube to route a different way as the DNS server would show in a different location than the Qwest or Embarq one your using.

I personally have no issues in Phoenix using the default Qwest DNS servers, and my account in Ohio that uses the Embarq/Sprint DNS servers never really has an issue either (although that's only a 3Mbps connection)
Crusty
Sanger, TX

Crusty

Update -

Ping times have gotten worse but still not horrid. DL/UL are still going strong.