trparky
Premium Member
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
·AT&T U-Verse

trparky to PhoneBoy

Premium Member

to PhoneBoy

Re: If Mr. Son wants to start a price war, he should just start it.

The bad part is that it doesn't matter how cheap Sprint gets, unless they have a decent network I couldn't give a damn. Their network is garbage, complete garbage.

What good is a cheap monthly price if you can't use the service you're paying for?
amungus
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
America

amungus

Premium Member

I've seen both sides - the crap side, and the side that works as well as Verizon. Supposedly, they've done a lot of tower work... supposedly, it's improved in many areas, and "will be" in others...

It's to the point where I'm still considering Republic Wireless. VZW is still hard for me to give up though. I depend on having dependable service that has little compromise. RW still seems like a compromise in many ways, esp. since the reliability factor is still questionable at times. Personally, I'm not too worried about their Sprint side of things, but the rest gives me some pause (calls being missed / not going through, MMS being weird with some carriers, etc., etc., etc.).

Any case, yeah, they can start their own "price war" any time they want. If Virgin Mobile can be cheap, they can do better than the "framily" scam.

As my SO puts it:

"I don't get it. If it can be $25/mo., why not just make it $25/mo.?"

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to trparky

Premium Member

to trparky
That's the same reason we can't use T-Mobile here. The "4G" network is tiny in our area. It could be $20/mo but it is useless if the data is nonexistent most places we go. Sprint has converted almost all of their 1X sites to have at least EVDO. Where T-Mobile does have coverage here, it is still only has unusable EDGE in Bristol TN/VA and much of Southwest VA.