MVM
join:2000-12-23
O Fallon, MO
·Charter

1 recommendation

nunya

MVM

Re: [Help] Antifreeze conundrum (Mazda)

Well, it's a done deal. It was a 3 hour job to replace the thermostat (remember the good old days when it was a 10 minute job). I used a gallon of the Prestone and topped it off with the original out of the pan. I'm not going through all the "flushing" BS.
Check engine light has stayed off, but it was 80°+ here today. Supposed to be nasty, cold, and snowy tomorrow. That will be the test. The P0128 code (almost always a stuck thermostat) is a rampant problem with these cars. They should have been recalled.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by nunya:

Well, it's a done deal. It was a 3 hour job to replace the thermostat (remember the good old days when it was a 10 minute job). I used a gallon of the Prestone and topped it off with the original out of the pan. I'm not going through all the "flushing" BS.
Check engine light has stayed off, but it was 80°+ here today. Supposed to be nasty, cold, and snowy tomorrow. That will be the test. The P0128 code (almost always a stuck thermostat) is a rampant problem with these cars. They should have been recalled.

I always hated changing a thermostat in certain cars, BUT the one that actually made it pleasant was the GM 2.0l that was in the sunbird and cavalier back in the day. Had a cap that looked like a radiator cap, you could change the thermostat in the parking lot at walmart while the wife was shopping. With all that was wrong with those cars, they did that right
85281231 (banned)
join:2014-02-01

85281231 (banned) to nunya

to nunya
said by nunya:

Well, it's a done deal. It was a 3 hour job to replace the thermostat (remember the good old days when it was a 10 minute job).

Some people ask why I don't like working on cars like I used to ... THAT'S one of the reasons.
said by nunya:

Check engine light has stayed off, but it was 80°+ here today. Supposed to be nasty, cold, and snowy tomorrow.

Isn't that some crazy $h!t?