spc
uniqs
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin to rainlake

to rainlake

Re: ipv6 issues on twc

IPV6 is working really well here with an ASUS RT-AC68U and SB6141. Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.374_4561 added a lot of nice stuff and enabled IPV6 firewall something that the previous version didn't.

My router gets a /128 address for the WAN and a /64 for the LAN. On the LAN side I have a combination of Macs, linux/BSD and a win7 all configured with temporary IPV6 addresses.

So far it has been working pretty good.

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec

Premium Member

said by etaadmin:

Asus firmware 3.0.0.4.374_4561 added a lot of nice stuff and enabled IPV6 firewall something that the previous version didn't.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems the N56U uses the same firmware so I just upgraded to that version. Now I just need to wait until TW re-enables IPv6 again for me.

What features have you found in this firmware? Also, I dont see a firewall under IPv6 area...is it somewhere else?

EDIT- Nvm, found IPv6 firewall.
etaadmin
join:2002-01-17
united state

etaadmin

Click for full size
said by swintec:

What features have you found in this firmware? Also, I dont see a firewall under IPv6 area...is it somewhere else?

EDIT- Nvm, found IPv6 firewall.

Basically asus' new firmware fixes the ftp security issue and added ipv6 firewall functionality.

With the previous version I had to disable ipv6 in my computers when on a routine port scan I found that my computers were exposed to the outside world

»ipv6.chappell-family.com ··· tcptest/

The ipv6 firewall option is under advanced settings/firewall/ipv6 firewall tab.