uniqs
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned) to billydunwood

to billydunwood

Re: Detained by law enforcement

said by billydunwood:

Treat others the way you want to be treated is my motto. If an officer is being an ass, he's getting it back. If he's nice, I will absolutely be nice. However, mean or nice I am NOT giving up my rights

It is really odd the mentality of some people. See around here if a LEO stops you its usually to say hi, or ask how your kids are doing. (and we don't even have a local police force, we are aided by the state police and other localities.) For a change of attitude, next time you see a LEO, stop and ask him his name introduce yourself and how things are going. It if harder to be a dick to someone when you know them and their family. Instead of hating the police force, get involved in the community, go to township meetings, meet the counselors and the other officials. Get to know the guys on the force. I know some can be dicks, but if you know the others and they know you, it deflates the dicks. I don't know all of them personally but they know who I am.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood

said by H_T_R_N:

said by billydunwood:

Treat others the way you want to be treated is my motto. If an officer is being an ass, he's getting it back. If he's nice, I will absolutely be nice. However, mean or nice I am NOT giving up my rights

It is really odd the mentality of some people. See around here if a LEO stops you its usually to say hi, or ask how your kids are doing. (and we don't even have a local police force, we are aided by the state police and other localities.) For a change of attitude, next time you see a LEO, stop and ask him his name introduce yourself and how things are going. It if harder to be a dick to someone when you know them and their family. Instead of hating the police force, get involved in the community, go to township meetings, meet the counselors and the other officials. Get to know the guys on the force. I know some can be dicks, but if you know the others and they know you, it deflates the dicks. I don't know all of them personally but they know who I am.

Belive me, I know and introduce myself just like you say. But I don't stay isolated in my small community. I go to the big cities and other cities. And yet again, if an officer(or anybody for that matter) comes off yelling, angry or mean, they are going to get it right back. If they come off nice, I am going to be nice. Respect is earned not given and it is a 2 way street. Your profession doesn't determine that.
H_T_R_N (banned)
join:2011-12-06
Valencia, PA

H_T_R_N (banned)

said by billydunwood:

No Victim=No Crime

Sorry I missed this.