how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cat666

join:2013-04-26

GTA5 for PC

»www.examiner.com/article/gta-5-p···etails-1

People are leaking the date as September.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Does anyone care? I bought it for 360 and gave up after 5 minutes. Dumbest game ever.

Ghastlyone
Premium
join:2009-01-07
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
reply to cat666
I might be one of the few out there and that have no desire to play this game.

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
reply to cat666
I got bored with it on my PS3, and the online fell flat.

bionicRod
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium
join:2009-07-06
united state
kudos:2
reply to Ghastlyone
I played through it on PS3. It's pretty good and definitely has its moments but I haven't played it since I finished the campaign. I know I'm in the minority but I enjoyed GTA IV more. That said the mods for the GTA games on PC rock.
--
The world was movin' she was right there with it and she was

cat666

reply to cat666
I've enjoyed every GTA game so far. IV was a bit meh, but the DLC made up for it.

blackice

join:2014-01-02
Pittsfield, MA
reply to cat666
I didn't get it yet for any of the consoles, been holding out for the PC version. It's really been a while since I've played a GTA game. Last one I played was Liberty City Stories, and before that San Andreas. I loved the mods on SA though and I hope that GTA5 will have at least some modding potential.

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1
reply to cat666
DLCs for GTA 4 were excellent.

Savious
Premium
join:2012-03-05
Belgrade, MT
reply to cat666
Seriously? Game was a blast! Great story, humor and police killing rampages when you just feel like going crazy. Have you played other GTAs?

Oops, meant to reply to Kris and Ghastly
--
The last bastion.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
Great game like D3 was?

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
said by Krisnatharok:

Great game like D3 was?

lol...

stet
Volitar Prime

join:2002-03-08
Utica, MI

1 recommendation

reply to cat666
I'll get it when it eventually shows up in a Steam sale for under $10.
--

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by stet:

I'll get it when it eventually shows up in a Steam sale for under $10.

That's my plan too, I played it on PS3, and I find the load times to be extremely high, and I'm not really sure how much longer my PS3 has, so I'm going to get it at a discount on PC, the last one I enjoyed was GTA:SA on PS2

EQ
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Ratman_84

join:2002-01-31
Sacramento, CA
reply to cat666
I won't buy it on principal of how long it took to get it out on PC. No excuses for an entire year.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
reply to Krisnatharok
D3 is a great game!
--
The last bastion.

Duramax08
To The Moon
Premium
join:2008-08-03
San Antonio, TX
reply to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

Does anyone care?

I care. I will be buying it. Its fun when you gather a group of friends online to play. If you go solo in a online game, you're pretty much dead in the water.

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to cat666
Hmm, quite a bit longer of a wait than I was expecting. Hopefully they're using that time wisely so it won't turn out like the IV port did.

said by El Quintron:

That's my plan too, I played it on PS3, and I find the load times to be extremely high, and I'm not really sure how much longer my PS3 has, so I'm going to get it at a discount on PC, the last one I enjoyed was GTA:SA on PS2

The initial load times are pretty bad, especially if you jump straight into online mode. I didn't time it last time I went online that way, but it had to be at least 3-4 minutes.

That would definitely be a welcome improvement with the PC version.

said by Duramax08:

I care. I will be buying it. Its fun when you gather a group of friends online to play. If you go solo in a online game, you're pretty much dead in the water.

Ah, maybe that's why I had a bad experience when I tried it online. I haven't played in a group yet. I was getting griefed pretty much as I stepped out of the airport. Yeah, there's passive mode but that's not exactly a great solution when you're starting out and barely have any cash.
--
KI6RIT

cat666

reply to El Quintron
said by El Quintron:

the last one I enjoyed was GTA:SA on PS2

I thought the same until I replayed IV. Ignoring all but the main missions made it bearable. The two DLC's, which I believe you can get independantly now, are awesome fun and well worth playing, especially the Ballad of Gay Tony.

If Rockstar had but a few BoGT style missions into the main storyline of IV it would have been a much better game. Lots of explosions and carnage.

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
reply to cat666
Wife said I'm not allowed to play games with strippers and hookers in it.

Savious
Premium
Belgrade, MT
Doesnt like competition?

Please dont murder me Antonica.
--
The last bastion.

ekster
Hi there
Premium
join:2010-07-16
Lachine, QC
kudos:3
reply to Archivis
So how the hell have you been playing with Jobbie all this time?

Archivis
Your Daddy
Premium
join:2001-11-26
Earth
kudos:19
Female strippers

n_w95482
Premium
join:2005-08-03
Ukiah, CA
reply to cat666
I finally got around to finishing IV a couple of weeks ago. Haven't started on the DLC yet though. I'll have to check if my Steam copy has them, as my 360 is out of commission currently (needs to be reballed).

One thing that threw me off when I picked IV back up is how heavy the cars feel compared to V. I kept overshooting turns and crashing .
--
KI6RIT

cat666

said by n_w95482:

One thing that threw me off when I picked IV back up is how heavy the cars feel compared to V. I kept overshooting turns and crashing

I had the same issue and it actually was the reason I bought a 360 controller for the PC. It made it much much better. The port was shocking though, really really bad and it makes me wonder why Rockstar treat the PC gamers so badly when they are the ones who keep the going well past it's shelf life.

Again the DLC's are an absolute joy. The music I think is much better thanks to the inclusion of Vice FM and some new rock songs for Liberty Rock. The Lost and the Damned is similar to IV but a couple of missions shake it up a bit and you actually get some decent spawns closeby. Plus bikes handle way better and I love bikes. Ballad of Gay Tony however is what IV should have been. The missions are almost all awesome and it's over far too quick.

cat666

reply to cat666
Does anyone know of a way to play Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories on the PC?