Search similar:

uniqs

Jay E
@fuse.net

Jay E

Anon

FTP server on port 21 Fioptics

Hello,

Does anyone know if Cincinnati Bell blocks port 21 for personal FTP server use? I had Zoomtown for years and recently upgraded to Fioptics. My FTP server worked perfectly with Zoomtown, and for the first month or so with Fioptics. Now, even with all settings verified accurate and correct login information, I can not access the FTP. On my LAN, I at least get a login prompt, even though attempts to do so fail. I do not even get a prompt when attempting to login from a WAN - I get a "page can't be displayed" error. Any suggestions or outright fixes?

Thanks,
Jay
Lovetodrive
join:2014-03-24

Lovetodrive

Re: FTP server on port 21 Fioptics

I am battling the same thing. I have figured out, that you can get your ftp site to work if you put your PC's IP address in the NAT - DMZ Host IP Address box.

Only problem is that then your TV freezes up after 10-15 seconds!
Lovetodrive

Lovetodrive to Jay E

to Jay E
Finally got my site working..... had to forward ports on the modem/router.... use passive mode on the ftp server.... and open particular ports in my firewall.

balzinyofac
@frontiernet.net

balzinyofac

Anon

Re: FTP server on port 21 Fioptics

what ports did you have to open?
Lovetodrive
join:2014-03-24

Lovetodrive to Jay E

to Jay E
I'm assuming you want to FTP to your ftp server. I found out that I can't ftp from my LAN to my FTP server using my xxxx.dyndns-free.com address. Only way to do it internally is use the 192.168.200.xx address.

Here are some of the things that I had to do to get my FTP site working with CB's ZTE modem/router...

• had to set up the ftp server in passive mode
• had to list ports 5xxxx and 5xxxx in the FTP server program in the data port start and end fields (just pick the ports you want to use, just make sure they are not being used for anything else)
• Had to open the 5xxxx ports in my firewall, incoming and outgoing
• had to use ptm0.1 as the WAN interface (only one active)(this was needed in port forwarding section)
• changed my pc's ip to 192.168.200.xx (outside of the routers DHCP start/end range)
• enabled NAT ALG on the router
• changed to static DNS addresses, used google and verizon's
• Under dynamic DNS, added my xxxxxx.dyndns-free.com information (this may or may not have been needed)
• There may have been other things, but those are the ones i remember.

Do not have your ftp server's PC listed in the DMZ host IP address box, your TV will freeze up.