acadiel

Premium Member

iOS 7 devices not backing up to iCloud

Hey everyone -

I have three iOS 7 devices:

iPad Mini (1st Gen, VZW): 7.1
iPhone 4S (Sprint): 7.1
iPhone 5S (VZW): 7.04 (JB)

Around 3/6, all three of them stopped backing up to iCloud. I try to manually backup and get a "Backup could not be completed" after a while.

Here's what I've tried doing:

1) Attached iPhone 4S to iTunes. Changed backup method to computer. Let it back up to computer. Went to iCloud settings and deleted the backup for said phone. Sync'd again to change setting back to iCloud backup. Tried backing up again on phone manually, same "Backup could not be completed".
2) Restored iPad Mini back to 7.1 and restored the on-computer iCloud backup. Did the same toggle as I did with the 4S. Nope, hasn't backed up, same timeout error.
3) iPhone 5S. Same issue as previous two. Tried same method as 4S.

All three are hooked up to an Time Capsule (AC) SSID. DSL is 24/2, speed test is just fine.

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 67902081

This is really getting frustrating. All three were working until about 3/6, and then nada. They are all plugged in nightly and on Wifi.

Thoughts?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

You have enough iCloud space?

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person
join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

that's what I was thinking, but it usually will give you a error message stating that you've ran out of space.

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
join:2002-06-22
Atlanta

acadiel

Premium Member

Yep, over 25GB available.

not quite right
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

said by acadiel:

Yep, over 25GB available.

I think a call to apple is in order ...

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
Atlanta

acadiel

Premium Member

Just called them. There's an engineering ticket open now to figure out why none of them won't back up.

If it were a database, I'd say there's a lock or something preventing writes... but the engineering team ought to see what's hanging it up.

not quite right
Puyallup, WA

not quite right

Probably a problem between your Apple ID account and the iCloud servers, that's why I suggested calling Apple nothing you can fix on your end ...

acadiel
Press fire to begin
Premium Member
Atlanta
Apple AirPort Express (2012)
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)
ARRIS SB6183

acadiel

Premium Member

said by not quite right:

Probably a problem between your Apple ID account and the iCloud servers, that's why I suggested calling Apple nothing you can fix on your end ...

Just an update... they were supposed to have T3 figure something out and call me back today. No reply but I did get a nice email from the T2 rep saying she hadn't heard back yet.

They probably either are really backed up, or I'm an edge case of whatever problem I'm having.
acadiel

acadiel

Premium Member

Just an update.. hadn't talked back to Apple yet, but my devices seem to be backing up OK now. I'm curious what they had to fix.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by acadiel:

Just an update.. hadn't talked back to Apple yet, but my devices seem to be backing up OK now. I'm curious what they had to fix.

Just one of the many things they need to fix...